John Templeton RIP

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Jul 8, 2008.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

What esle would you expect when US national debt is at its highest? Wasn't Spain left bankrupt after European wars?

#31     Jul 8, 2008
  2. imo, both are not bogus.

PPT or plunge protection team is the circuit breaker or when market makers buy to stop a decline in price. the market cannot fall 10% in one day . daily limit range they can shut down the market if there was too many 'market' sell orders.

#32     Jul 8, 2008
  3. With all due respect, your view of taxation and the utter disregard that "government" shows in squandering OUR money is troubling.

"...Our country gave him the opportunity to succeed in his business.............."

I would offer that rather than you, me or our dear "Uncle Sam" giving Sir T the opportunity to succeed, it was more likely his own wits and sweat.

Attached to the land by law ?? I think that was called serfdom.

" adscriptus glebae "

#33     Jul 8, 2008
  4. I remember one time that I and a few other people prayed for a boy (about seven) with a severe wheat allergy. He was healed that very night and ate pizza.

Now you can no more prove that that was a non-miracle than I can prove it a miracle. Some things will probably never be proven or disproven.

My point: let the man rest in peace. He was a nice guy who helped many people with his money...

#34     Jul 9, 2008
  5. I always laugh when I hear the above statement. The guy is dead not standing next to you and is beyond caring. Unless that is you proscribe to the notion that the dead can

1) hear you
    2) give a shit
    3) Become less restful due to the above two.

I find it mad that in the US a Secular last time I looked) you have a better chance becoming Leader of the Free World if you are Black and gay then if you are an atheist. What sort of country do you have there?

BTW I have no problem with being black and gay

#35     Jul 9, 2008
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Seeing as how it is the John Templeton Foundation I believe he can, and had, influence over where the $$$ was allocated. If you knew the various areas they fund projects you'd know the above is one of many areas he gives money. Our government wastes a hell of a lot more money on a daily basis.

#36     Jul 9, 2008
  7. are you that deluded? walk into any childrens hospital and you dont need a study to know prayers dont work.

#37     Jul 9, 2008

8. what does your observation say about modern medicine, in general?

if it worked, would there be hospitals?

surf:confused:

#38     Jul 9, 2008
  9. WELL, we observe people going into the hospital sick and coming out well so we must conclude it works.

#39     Jul 9, 2008
  10. you just got through telling us that hospitals are proof that prayer doesn't work.

you flip flop more than barry o

#40     Jul 9, 2008