John Najarian fast money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jd7419, Oct 11, 2010.

1. i dont believe there is anything illegal about pumping on tv. they all do it.
    they have to be careful about how they unload the position. it may be unethical but not illegal.

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. jd7419

jd7419

I think you are missing what I am saying. Often Najarian says "I am seeing huge activity in xyx company on the long side", at say 12:34 est. The stock which is often a small cap will trade 300,000 shares in a matter of minutes and by 12:40est the stock is often up 3-10% on a ton of relative volume. I am fast and I often make money on these calls, but half time the stock has already moved a couple % on 100,000 shares before najarian even mentions the stock. What I am saying is people know about these calls prior to the live fast money half time call, and they are acting on this information. I would love for the SEC to examine the people who buy these stocks the few minutes to seconds before Najarian gets on tv. Are there are any traders on these boards? For any real traders left does this shit not piss you off, maybe I am being too hard on Najarian, I mean he does have great hair.

#12     Oct 12, 2010
  3. you're fast? bet you're the 1000'th trade in.

#13     Oct 12, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ok, now that you typed it out the way did.:p

If Najarian did what you are insinuating by telling others "I'm going to pitch XYZ at noon," and if they act on his advice two crimes:
    Najarian- Tipster
    Anyone acting on his advice- Tepee

#14     Oct 12, 2010
  5. The only real edge is inside info. That can be generated in several ways legal and illegal. As an officer or company rep with knowledge which will affect stock price trading on that info is illegal. For a carnival barker it is buyer beware.

Of course a good Ponzi trumps a carnival barker every time

#15     Oct 13, 2010