John Najarian fast money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jd7419, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jd7419

jd7419

It has been bothering me for some time the calls John Najarian makes about seeing huge option activity during the halftime report. I know Cramer has rules so he can't trade based on his calls for 3 days. Does John Najarian or the other fast money traders have the same restirictions? I mean all Najarian has to do is tell someone before the show about the call he is going to make and that person would make huge profits. Seeing all these traders with their laptops in front of them making trade calls on live tv and acting on them has to be illegal right?

2. My office has been saying the same thing about him for years.

Also, the guy NEVER admits to a losing trade. He's always "hedged" when his calls are wrong.

His brother is even worse.

3. Whats with their haircuts?

FUBAR meets Wall Street meet Miami Vice

4. WTF like some ancient Mongol warrior. He probably masturbates while watching taped reruns.

http://www.hairlossexpert.co.uk/baldness-warrior-traditions.html

The Mongols
    Like many other tribes, Mongol warriors shaved the hair on the sides of their heads, probably initially for safety reasons, though the style is still worn today by Mongolian soldiers who rarely participate in military action. Hair at the back of the head was tied back or braided so that warriors could show off its length without it getting in their way. This was particularly important because of their very windy environment, where long hair could mean not being able to see.

5. clacy

clacy

You gotta turn these jackasses off. They're like all these talking heads breaking down the NFL. Every single one of them annoy the hell out of my and they're wrong way more often then they're right.

6. you just dont appreciate genius.

they were all trained by Jack Hershey so you know we're talking top notch shiite.

[​IMG]
    wise man say, two iron butterfly, worth weight in nose ring

7. jd7419

jd7419

Again my question was are these traders allowed to have positions and exit them on the show?. Most of Najarians picks are small stocks that often move 3-10% after he mentions "option activity". Shouldn't the SEC see if these guys are buying these stocks prior to show and exiting them on the show. Basically this is pump and dump on live tv, this has to be illegal right?

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ok, let's say one of the najarian talkers throws up an option trade they want to be on the long side of. Next, a major institution with deep pockets sees that as a good contrarian indicator and throws big money into the short side of the trade.

IF najarian had a long position, that could crush his trade.

Is it fair for him to have to hold on to a losing trade for three days as it goes down the drain?

I'm not on either side, but I'd say he can get out of a trade anytime he wants to. CNBC is the pump and dump network, and always will be...

I also agree with the other posters here that the najarians pick many, many losing trades. Oh yes, when they lose, they were "hedging," not speculating. Lol

9. olias

olias

I don't know, but it's a good question. I suspect that is exactly what he's doing

10. I know for Cramer and when they bring in certain analysts they flash on the screen (very quickly) whether or not they or their funds or family or whatever own the stock.

Maybe it's not the same with Najarian and his options notes but I'd doubt that they don't have some sort of disclosure...and if they didn't he himself probably wouldn't act on it...it'd just be too blatantly obvious.

#10     Oct 12, 2010