John McCain throwns his support behind Occupy protestors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 13, 2011.

1. The Politico reported, via Free Republic:

The Occupy Wall Street movement is getting sympathy from an unlikely person: Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The 2008 GOP presidential nominee said he understands the growing protest movement’s concerns over Washington bailouts of major financial institutions…

…He later quipped that he may be the “only” Republican who does.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

IF that was what they were protesting - Washington's bailouts of major financial institutions - then I would support them too! But that's a completely inaccurate statement.

Perhaps Austin Power's Goldmember needs to get a better understanding of the movement before he defends it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TGregg

TGregg

You guys should stop picking on this poor old man. Someday you too may find yourself an irrelevant and powerless has-been, desperate for any attention at all.

McCain's an excellent example of why one does not sell one's soul - because the devil may not actually deliver.

4. Ricter

Ricter

That's the fate of nearly all of us if we live long enough.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The guy has a shitload of money. If I were him, I'd find an island out of the way of history and enjoy my grandchildren.

6. pspr

pspr

He probably drives his family crazy, too. So, they may want him to keep leaving town for Washington.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

At this point, they could probably set up a fake congress on easter island with a bunch of muppets in the seats and the ol' coot would believe it.

8. Democrats knew in 2008 that McCain was an insane unstable nut,seems like republicans are just figuring it out

9. Reps knew this for a while. The sad truth is that Reps are out of bullets. This is the only explanation for why they keep sending unelectable nutjobs such as McCain, Palin, Romney, etc. to fight for presidency.

10. Short memory, shortie? We won the 2010 elections, we took Wiener's seat that has been with the Democrats for 90 years, etc etc. [​IMG]

#10     Oct 13, 2011