John McCain on Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Gord

Gord

Ahh ... the race card.

Chalk up another liberal admitting defeat... [​IMG]

#31     Oct 21, 2008
  2. I respect you position on taxes, and if you go this thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141511 you will find a vigorous debate to that end. There is no easy answer and I dont want to clog this thread by starting debate here.

But about spending yes obama has promised spending, but so has mccain..if you dont think mccain has promised boat loads of new spending, you havent watched the debates. I named just a few examples in my last post, but I could go on...i mean to even have to say war in Iraq?? Our country needs money. We need it for our debt, bailouts and alternative energy and to pay for the Iraq war. Both candidates have promised increased spending. Im not sure why you think Obama would like to spend more than mccain, that seems particularly hard to prove. The fact that Obama wants to end the war alone would save us $10 billion a month.

So I ask you this, how is Obama going to spend more than mccain? How is mccain going to cut more spending than Obama? Its up for debate and no where near as cut and dry as you would have us believe.

#32     Oct 21, 2008
  3. Gord

Gord

You don't read so well do you? I said the economy grew - generally measured by GDP growth. And government revenues increased.

The tax rates of the time led to a recession.

So you believe that tax increases are good for the economy?!? [​IMG]

#33     Oct 21, 2008
  4. Listen you guys,. I've been debating with these guys now for three days in countless threads. They're not very smart, do not respond to logic and do not understand macro-economic policy, are intellectually dishonest and do not own up to their mistakes.
    They shout meaningless slogans "Tax cuts" are good" without a shred of understanding of fiscal policy. They're "taught" what to say every day by the right wing talk radio and their arguments run in circles.
    They vote for the GOP for one single reason, social conformism. they feel at ease with fellow uneducated white scared of Blacks.
    They're "concerned" about their money ending up in Black hands when in fact substantial amount of wealth in the form of running account deficit is transferred to Asia every day.

The thing is, demographic forces (fertility rates) already indicate a irreversible shift towards diversity. Bush was very smart about this in 200 when he enacted the big tent theme and attracted a substantial part of the Latino electorate. Having waged a (warranted) campaign to kick the illegal immigrants out, the Latinos left the party and are also falling into the trap of identity politics and regrouping in the democratic party.
    Now feeling squeezed from all sides, the GOP scleroses even more into "their" party. Except they can't be a majority.........

Truly sad to watch

#34     Oct 21, 2008
  5. Gord

Gord

Which will be easier to hold to account to reduce spending? Obama who promises to increase spending? Or McCain who promises to reduce spending. As I said before, it is a question of the lesser of two evils...

#35     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Yes the "Race" card but not the want you imagine. the "Stupid white voting against its own interest" Card.
    I'm neither Black nor White. Just watching an entire demographic ()Joe the plumber whites ) making vaginas out of themselves.

#36     Oct 21, 2008

7. Where and HOW on earth do you come to that conclusion?

#37     Oct 21, 2008