John McCain, idiot...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 27, 2007.

1. This out of McCain's piehole today:

On Monday morning's "Bill Bennett's Morning in America" radio show, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said that there were parts of Baghdad where he and the host could go for a walk.

"There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods, today," he said, when asked to highlight something positive about what American forces have been able to accomplish in Iraq."

I would like to point out that in some neighborhoods in Vietnam during the Vietnam war, that a person could walk through parts of Saigon...

Oh, and during our own civil war, there were neighborhoods you could take a walk in...

What a dope...

2. Funny, I don't recall that being one of the reasons we went to war. We spend a zillion bucks and lose 3000 troops and all we can say is that there are a few safe neighborhoods.

McCain should get out of the race. Everyone can see he is going nowhere fast.

Fred Thompson. The only man who can unite the party and save the country.

3. He was probably talking about the embassy:cool:

4. McCain is tapped.

5. Why do you say that? Who is this guy. Since I don't watch TV, I don't even know him as an actor. And if I google it, I just get the bullshit the media wants me to know.

Have at it. I'd like to what you have to say. Thanks.

6. Not much. If he can play a good president, then he can be a good one.:)

7. Fred Thompson is a very smart guy. He was a high level Washington lawyer, a U. S. Senator and an actor. He is a southern conservative who can make an articulate and compelling case for conservative principles. He projects an image of mature judgment, integrity and strength that none of the other candidates can match.

The other Republican candidates have obvious flaws that will either impede their ability to motivate the Republican base, eg Rudy, McCain and Romney, or appeal to the public at large, eg Newt. Thompson can do both. He has solid conservative credentials and can appeal to the independent and swing voters. Plus, never underestimate the value of celebrity in today's culture.

8. jem

jem

Ok, so far he has my vote. I did not really have much of choice without him.

The funny thing is, that the Demcrats do not seem to have a great candidate either. I feel Obama is a cycle or two away. And who do they have - hillary, Gore, kerry, and faggot.

9. thanks.

McCain, who I give the implied integrity of gritting out five years as a POW, was referrenced in Stockdale's book as a pain in the ass who disobeyed Stockdale's orders. He referred to the next in command, and I believe that was McCain.

Does he seem mushy lately, or is it just me?

10. McCain has about played out the POW card which has taken him far beyond anywhere he would have went without it. Time to put him out to pasture.

#10     Mar 28, 2007