John McCain addresses conservatives

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Feb 8, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Feel free to follow through on your inclinations, as Obama will certainly be an outstanding president and leader. I look forward to either Hillary's or Obama's presidency, as both are extremely, bright, capable, and experienced. Seems most likely that Hillary will get the nomination because of the super delegates, but who knows?

Remember when the RNC threw the nomination to Dole knowing the election was a lost cause. He had paid is party dues and that was his pay back: "It's your turn Bob." McCain is the Bob Dole of 2008. "It's your turn John, Ya'Ole fart, i'll do you good, and help you too!" :D

#41     Feb 13, 2008
  2. Ann Coulter makes the following point about McCain's supposedly conservative voting record:

"We keep hearing about McCain's "lifetime" rating from the American Conservative Union being 82.3 percent. But McCain has been a member of Congress for approximately 400 years, so that includes his votes on the Spanish-American War. His more current ratings are not so hot.

In 2006 -- the most recent year for which ratings are available -- McCain's ACU rating was 65. That year, the ACU rating for the other senator from Arizona, Jon Kyl, was 97. Even Chuck Hagel's ACU rating was 75, and Lindsey Graham's was 83.

Since 1998, only four Republican senators have had worse ACU scores than John McCain -- and none were from Goldwater country: Lincoln Chafee, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter. The last time McCain ranked this far down in his class, he was at the Naval Academy. "

#42     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Though not someone who I support...maybe it's McCain's low ACU score which leads to his popularity.

Ya think?

#43     Feb 13, 2008