John Locke, the intellectual father of America.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I don't believe so, no.

It is not the man's body that is the host, so he really has no claim.

Sure, he donated the sperm, but I think you would have a hard time with a person who donated a seed, jointly planted it in his neighbors back yard with the woman who owned the land the seed was planted in, and the seed sprouted into a magic something or other, something worth billions potentially...then the woman dug it out of the ground and threw it in the trash...I doubt very much that the man who had surrendered the seed with no enforceable contractual claim to the seed prior to the planting of it would find any reasonable standing in a court if he tried to make a claim against what the seed grew into, or did not grow into.

#31     Jan 16, 2011
  2. So a fetus can survive outside the womb, to what percentage of survivability past the 22nd to 24th week? 5%? 10%? 50%? Give me some specific scientific data to support your claim, please.

Interesting that you are in agreement that prior to the 22nd week, or at least you appear to be in agreement that the woman has the right to terminate the fetus, and if you are one of those who think a fetus is a human life at the point of conception, you are in effecting saying that it is okay for a woman to end a human life up to a certain time frame.

I don't think you will get much support from the right to life camp with your view.

Also, are you in agreement that if the state forces a woman to have birth, or forces the woman to allow the state to harvest the fetus, that the state shall be responsible fully for the consequences of the forced birth?

There is no way to say what Locke or Jefferson would be today, but it is more likely if given a choice they would not align themselves with the nutcase anti intellectual tea party.

I suspect they would be called liberals on some issues, conservatives on other issues, and libertarians on other issues...because these were intellectuals, complex thinkers who went outside of the status quo thinking of those who had rigid ideologies.

#32     Jan 16, 2011
  3. Is that why you're so imbalanced? Your "father" was only a sperm donor and your mother filled your mind with hate?

#33     Jan 16, 2011
  4. #34     Jan 16, 2011
  5. Thomas Jefferson stood for almost exactly what the Tea Party stands for, minus the racial/slavery component of Jefferson's. Small central government...

#35     Jan 16, 2011

6. Yeah , I call it the jerry springer effect which makes the causal observer think to themselves "thank god I'm not that fu(ked up "

Of course real thinkers have to wonder where these morons come from and what prevents them from becoming a "loughner".

#36     Jan 16, 2011
  7. Yeah, as long as he stays away from public parks and has no contact with minors he can probably stay... After all, what else do you suppose could make him go "cold turkey" for almost precisely 6 mos after 3 consecutive aliases with 10k + posts... LMAO!!!

#37     Jan 16, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

It just time and circumstance that would push them to the same extremes. Liberal haters, beware the violent deranged individual lurking deep inside you twisted little minds.

#38     Jan 16, 2011
  9. jem

jem

I need not respond because your logic was "appears" to be flawed.

#39     Jan 17, 2011
  10. Dodge.

#40     Jan 17, 2011