John Heilemann: Obama's a "Brass Knuckled Pipe Hitting Brawler"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 29, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Well, if it's "all" about the handlers, then the OP is pointing fingers in the wrong direction. We get that, and you guys get the "girly man" thing... win win?

#11     May 29, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Obama was a part of that machine before he became president, remember this is the guy who was such a fan of Saul Alinsky that he ended up being one of the Key speakers at an Alinsky play back in 2000 when he was in the illinois Senate, so portraying him as an oblivious bystander of this kind of thuggery is inaccurate.

#12     May 29, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

That's right, denner, no need to invoke a second agent, Obama is both weak and strong, which one depending on what action (or inaction) you need to criticize.

Whoa, nearly forgot, but does indecisive fall under "weak", or stand on its own? I'm recalling that time he took a week or so to decide on Libya, and he was called "indecisive".

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Weak and crooked/dishonest would be more accurate.

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. jem

jem

To bad according to the media McCain refused to take the gloves when he had a chance.

McCain just has sellout, foolish compromise, turncoat, snake and loser and then wimp written all over him.

#15     May 29, 2012
  6. I suppose I left myself wide open in my previous post. I view BHO in much the same light as I did Dubya...they campaign on a bunch of empty rhetoric and then just "waffle" back and forth on issues as they see fit.

I'm still with Achilles' assessment of the current state of politics when he quoted Washington...something to the effect of "what do you get when both political parties are nearly indistinguishable"? a dictatorship.

Like I've said a zillion times, I'm not a fan of either party.

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. McCain had "status quo" stamped on his forehead during those few tense weeks leading up to the first "bailout". Meanwhile, the empty suit was leading the charge to (insert laugh track) upend the "status quo".

We all know it was the biggest load of horseshit ever dropped upon the populace, BUT at that precise moment in history it sold extraordinarily well.

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

No argument here. And even worse (or sad) is that he was still the better choice.

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

+1 McCain epitomizes exactly what is wrong with the republican party. Pretends to be a conservative, but loves spending money, especially if it is on war, and also wants the ultimate power in America to be in the hands of the military, then he spends all his time labelling people who actually believe in cutting spending and dropping taxes as "extremists."

You want to know why real conservatives and libertarians no longer support republicans? Take a look at McCain he is the definition of what is wrong with the republican party....

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. This, concisely, sums it up.. right place, right time for the worst possible guy. Most unfortunate.

#20     May 29, 2012