John Carter :Mastering the Trade, Second Edition:

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smile, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Panchovia

Panchovia

#41     Jan 26, 2016
  2. I follow John Carter for about 6 years, sorry for my English i'm french from Canada.

John Carter is consider an agressive trader and you must be sure to not follow all of his trades specially when he buy 100 contracts os tsla or he sells 30 vertical naked puts for example. But John became more moderate over the year's and he emphasis on money managment and to cut your losses when a trade go againts you.. I think every trader as something to teach you and with all the experience of his group i'm satisfied, one will say I'm bullish and another i'm bearish.

I think he start with 100k beginning of 2017 and he is around 700k actually. I see is portfolio every week growing, I think this bull market help a lot but we are cautious now and we sit on cash mostly, just day trades here and there.. He did most of his money on TSLA and PCLN this year.. I saw he's 1.5 millions trade on tsla live some years ago, was a bit scarry but real, was a very risky one and he agreed on that.. But you're trading belongs to you or your style don't get focus on one big trade, it is a process and can take a lot of time(15-20 years to be good ..)

#42     Jun 3, 2017
    stunning1 likes this.
  3. SteveH

SteveH

All of these characters are the same. They make their big money off of "trading education" first and foremost, not trading. Any trading profits are just a job bonus.

#43     Jun 3, 2017
  4. rwnomad

rwnomad

John Carter can trade options and futures. He does well in spurts, all discretionary. It is hard to absorb any of his methodology. I have not been in his room for like 2 years, but most of it was crap besides him. I have been in the office in TX and seen the operation. He makes 10X on the company what he makes trading.

#44     Aug 21, 2018
  5. I think he's a phony. I remember a guy, can't think of his name, who had John trade his 300K account. He gave up after John traded it down to about 20K.

#45     Aug 22, 2018
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why trade when one can make great income teaching and pretending. There is always new blood out there.

#46     Aug 22, 2018
    cafeole and sandp500trader like this.
  7. rwnomad

rwnomad

I would not classify him as a fraud. He does trade and make profits. However that is just window dressing for his real business, which is making money off traders. If you go all in you will spend 5-10 k with him. if he brings in 1000 customers a year, that is 5-10MM. 90% of the effort is sales and marketing.

#47     Aug 22, 2018
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I will always be grateful to John for introducing to James Clavell's Tai-Pan. He mentions this novel at the end of his book.

#48     Aug 22, 2018
    justrading likes this.
  9. usrx201

usrx201

I think he's full of it. It's possible Carter may have been profitable at some time in the past, but it's all the same as these traducators may mention past winning periods and any current wins , often sim touted as "live", are just props while offsetting or swept over losses for net negative where the real business is as posted above, making money off of members and students.

#49     Aug 28, 2018
  10. speedo

speedo

I remember about 16 years ago I was doing a trial of the live room. His sidekick, Hubert Senter ran the room, made calls, explained setups etc. About an hour into the session, Hubert announces that he is taking his son to the movies and will probably not be back until tomorrow.....???!!!

#50     Aug 28, 2018