John Carter :Mastering the Trade, Second Edition:

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smile, Apr 12, 2012.

1. gaj

gaj

i liked mastering the trade.

however...was at the ny trader's expo a few years back, and went to his seminar. he took the normal questions, and then i asked something about how much overnight risk he took on positions and what was his strategy when a position went against him overnight, along with psychological? the answer was a (bad) generic one, something like "oh, it happens, we deal with it, and go on to the next trade."

there's lots of good generic answers to that question, but i didn't receive one.

#31     Jul 22, 2013
  2. 99% of these suckers dont trade at all. they sell cheese

#32     Jul 22, 2013
  3. Are you saying that your cheese tastes like shit? :confused:

You know, usually that's not how cheese tastes.

#33     Jul 23, 2013
  4. zaitoichi

zaitoichi

Wassup Dudes and Dudettes,
    I just attended two seminars with John Carter. During one of them he showed a screen shot of his his TOS account with the account number . It showed a $700K+ YTD Profit. I never heard of the dude prior to two weeks ago. I made money during his webinar and he made money too. His TTM Squeeze indicator is available on TOS for free.

BTW: Tom Busby of DTI is full of BS . I funded a $10K account in his fund "the Green Room" and he blew it out to $2500. in about four months then it sat there for 6 more months at $2,500 before I closed it out.

#34     Sep 14, 2013
  5. Anecdotes are nice and they appeal to suckers. Salesmen know this. BTW, I kinda suspect that $699K out of those $700K came from selling seminars to people like you.

And what's the price of this great deal? $2500? $5000? I mean the seminar.

#35     Sep 14, 2013
  6. Good to know that, though I feel sorry for your loss. How much did pay for this dubious privilege?

#36     Sep 14, 2013
  7. tandh

tandh

I don't know. 8 post, starts out with dude and dudettes. Sounds kind of like a fake account run by some from ttm. Here's a simple piece of logic. If John Carter can actually trade money and produce a profit, then why does he not offer to show his audited trading statements? Can you imagine a better piece of advertising than to be able to prove that you actually can make money trading?

And with the amount of capital he has, making the supposed returns he can make, why isn't he a billionaire? Why is he running around begging for subscribers?

Take a 1,000,000 dollar account. Safely trade 100 contracts on the ES with it. That's 1 contract for each 10K. Earn 12 points per month and keep building the account. For each 10K in growth, add another contract. Watch how quickly the money comes literally falling from the sky.

Now, as famous as he is, keep in mind he could also get plenty of investors in a fund. What keeps him from making billions and spending his days relaxing on the beach with his family.

Do you really think he just chooses to make daily videos, be in the trading room, run webinars, go to seminars, etc... Do you really think he does that for fun?

#37     Sep 15, 2013
  8. gaj

gaj

really? you're going to jump straight to that conclusion?

guy posts about seminars with a couple other people and if they're worth it, tries doing research on those seminars, posts once in politics, posts once in psychology on losing trades...then posts 3 years later on another seminar that he's attended, with a different person.

that's a HELL of a fake account.

here's a much easier (and more likely to be true) conclusion to come to: the guy who posted actually went to the seminars and reported what he saw.

size, moving the markets when you enter, etc. is why you don't take X% gains, multiply over a few years, and then poof! become a super gazillionaire.

#38     Sep 15, 2013
  9. As a rule I don't trust much of what they say about vendors on trading forums. I always rely on my own research if I need to deal with a vendor which is rare. But I tend to believe negative opinions more as there are very few good people out there in the vendor business.

#39     Sep 15, 2013
  10. The last time I was in a meeting with John, he showed his account performance.

Everyone at the meeting knew he was going to be there and we also knew he ws going to show his track record.

he has a very good and close relationship with the outfit that provides his trading platform (not TOS). he also has a very good library on that platform.

Your speculation on John probably comes from the general orientation you have to everyone you know little about.

Do you keep the surplus capital you make? If so, why do you keep it?

#40     Sep 15, 2013