John Carter :Mastering the Trade, Second Edition:

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smile, Apr 12, 2012.

1. How do you know its great?

#11     May 23, 2013
  2. drashafi

drashafi

The big picture is a monthly video presentation on the global economy, the relationship and correlation of the FOREX especially the Japanese YEN weakening effect on the stock market , the Quantitative Easy(QE) effect and market reaction, and how printing money by the Federal reserve in fact has no effect on inflation or deflation issues since Japan print 4 times as much and Europe twice as much, it is all relative, the GOLD and Silver prices moves and how to forecast such moves, etc. Some times he gives insights into specific stocks/futures, and indices future expected move, and how to trade it.

This is a $49.00 per YEAR subscription which I personally think it is reasonable and worth it.

Of course this is done mainly for value but also to market and attract new subscriber to his website.

#12     May 24, 2013
  3. Quite reasonable compared to what Big Mike charges for some BS indicators and similar garbage that is mostly of someone else's production.

#13     May 24, 2013
  4. Does anybody have experience with Carter's subscription services? Are they any good?

I mean the book is awesome in my opinion and you can see his live trades in TOS Live account every day as a free video.

Why are people in this forum marking him as a charlatan and salesman?

#14     Jun 1, 2013
  5. lwlee

lwlee

If nothing else, Carter has a logical approach to the market. He converses with many traders and I think he's smart enough to see the good ones from the bad ones. The good ones can show him what they are doing while the bad ones will show him what not to do.

I heard Hubert isn't very good. Lazy.

#15     Jun 1, 2013
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

It is very simple, there is no proof he can trade profitably in any consistent way.

That being said, I really liked the book as well.

#16     Jun 1, 2013
  7. lwlee

lwlee

I was using their free services like the video reviews. If you are a complete novice, it's an inexpensive way to visually see some techniques applied to the market.

The cynics don't think he can trade well enough to support himself. Since he's selling himself as a master trader, it doesn't seem right that he's making the kind of money that he is. They charge a lot, multiply by hundreds of subscribers.

I actually don't mind Carter since his logical approach shows some discipline. A beginning trader couldn't do that badly if he apply strong risk management with Carter's approach. At the end of the day, if that trader is making money, it's probably because he figured out some things for himself. At that point, he doesn't need their services anymore.

#17     Jun 1, 2013
  8. I read the earlier edition as a new trader, it is excellent.

I can't comment on his subscription service as I do not believe in the concept.

#18     Jun 1, 2013
  9. LOL!

You mean this guy??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dnTzH0EF1x0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#19     Jun 1, 2013
  10. Years ago I tried it and no it didn't make me any money. The guy who runs the day trading room sucked. Not worth the money in my opinion and the education value is mixed. It did seem Carters longer term calls were better but you can get those for free elsewhere or just do it yourself. Oh and they are always marketing the next best proprietary indicator and the next must see paid webinar. He runs a massively successful marketing machine.

#20     Jun 1, 2013