John Carter from Trade the Markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SuperVolatility, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I've been to Alex's trading room, he seems geniunely honest but I doubt he is a good trader. There were instances where he held to a losing trade for 80-points...as I recall but he is honest to say "it was stupid of me to do that" instead of feeding you some marketing, ego feeding bullshit.

#41     Feb 29, 2008
  2. Do you recall the dates you were there? I've looked over his performance and can't seem to find the trade where he lost 80 points.

#42     Feb 29, 2008
  3. I have never subscribed to anything John Carter is selling....other than his book. My observations are that the guy is honest.....I see here that some of you have posted that he lost your money.....and if that is so......you have every right to be negative.....! I would be also if that happend to me.
    I have to say some of the things that I have picked up from him have been very useful. I have been daytrading futures fulltime for 3 years now. Some of the stuff I have no use for......staring at 5 different "market internals" while listening to "pit noise" and trying to make a decent trade strikes me as almost impossible ! I have incorporated some of the things he talks about and I must say I am happy with them.
    My "thoughts" are........he has some good "stuff".....but all of this "education" is just so "personal" that some traders can read it and make very good use of it.......while some others can have no luck at all with the very same stuff........its a tough deal......its a tough business......you almost have to be "perfect" in all areas to be really successful at this game.

#43     Feb 29, 2008
  4. empee

empee

i backtested some of his ideas from his book and they didn't work at all. Maybe I mis-understood them.

#44     Feb 29, 2008
  5. Amen! Successful trading is essentially the art of making as few mistakes as possible.

#45     Feb 29, 2008
  6. Oh no problem, that's because the trades PureTick posts on the site aren't real anyway.

That would explain the disparity.

Nothing to get stressed over.

#46     Feb 29, 2008
  7. No, you didn't misunderstand them.

If I had one complaint about his book, it would be he cherrypicked the best examples of those setups and made it look as though making money was a walk in the park. A bit misleading to say the least, but what do you expect from a marketing guy who published the book as a feeder to his other services. It's called cross/up-selling.

#47     Feb 29, 2008
  8. I have the book, and it seems to be that it is best seen as a marketing tool for his more expensive, and more lucrative (for whom?), programs. An informercial in book form, a marketing tool perfected by that market expert and imprisoned felon, Wade Cook.

Carter is no Cook, but both know how to market.

#48     Feb 29, 2008
  9. Can't recall exact date but it was first week of January.

Again, Alex seems honest and open to discuss almost anything from his trading style to his personal life...but I think he is still learning much himself.

#49     Feb 29, 2008
  10. I agree.

#50     Feb 29, 2008