John Carter from Trade the Markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SuperVolatility, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Better question is why he pilfers indicators from the Tradestation forums that others wrote and graciously posted for free, rebadges them as his own, and then sells them to the unsuspecting for thousands of dollars. A real class act that one.

Anyone interested in JC should do an in-depth search on his shenanigans. He's lost a lot of people’s money over the years. You’ll find your answer as to why he is “teaching” rather than just trading.

st

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. I would not share my best stuff with anyone other than family.

The basic stuff, sure, along with a few bells and whistles. But nothing really valuable.

I have Carter's book. It has some basic stuff, but nothing groundbreaking. I don't think I could make a living trading with the principles in the book. But if it gets traders interested enough to really learn how this game is played, then great.

One cannot learn how to trade by reading a book or by going to a seminar, period! :)

#12     Feb 27, 2008
  3. I read his book, and subscribed to his newsletter for about 6 months. Good information for new guys, nothing for the more experienced traders. My losses 2yrs ago had nothing to do with him, my own mistakes. That being said, they seem pretty straightforward. I will say, he mentions on occasion and in his book, that he daytrades for short money, but swing trades for wealth. He knows the daytrading is what brings in the new customers. Smart dude.

#13     Feb 27, 2008
  4. mwald

mwald

I also have read his book and picked up useful information, but some of it was contradictive and self serving. For example... in his chapter describing "pivot point trading" he puts down the use of "indicators". Then in the following chapters he describes how his own indicators are great and that you can buy them from his website. I did not like his approach on this...

#14     Feb 27, 2008
  5. Big confession. I bought the following;

His book : $27.95
    Members newsletter : $29.95 per mo.for 6 months
    His paintbar "scalper" indicator: $350.00
    That was about 20 months ago.
    Limited results, I could have lost more.
    The guy is ok. I would not purchase his stuff today, but his target audience is newbies.

#15     Feb 27, 2008
  6. Snake Oil Salesman Extraordinary.

In some cases, even unethical but then again that's what a Snake Oil Salesman is.

Anek

#16     Feb 27, 2008
  7. I haven't found anything about his work to be misleading. I have received his nightly (free) video for about one year, that's right, FREE. Good risk/reward ratio

After one year of watching his free video's, I have yet to find contradictions in his work, or a lack or professionalism, which is so often displayed by successful and unsuccessful traders alike.

jmho

#17     Feb 27, 2008
  8. Could be. I tried to use a set-up with the same screen layout as his. I had every freakin indicator on there. TIKI, TRIN, TRIX, ADX, ATR, MACD, tape, etc. all at once. 2 screens. I had no clue. When you listen to him talk, he mentions all the indicators and blah blah yadda yadda this and that. It's confusing, but if you're new to this, you just assume you're doing something wrong, so you buy his indicators, then it still doesn't work, so you go to the "mentorship", which is $7500 dollars!!(I did not go). It can go on for years.
    My advice: Wait. Read. Absorb. There is time. Don't spend a ton of money to find you THINK you can't do it.

#18     Feb 27, 2008
  9. Been watching his videos for a while and know a few people who have joined his trading room. Never heard a bad thing about the guy but it comes down to this.....are you a leader or a follower? There's nothing wrong with hopping in his room for a few months and spending a grand on education but at the end of the rainbow you have to want to make your own decisions. I would never recommend joining a service to get someone else's calls or triggers so you can follow along but definitely join the room to figure out what the guy is doing. At the end of your 3 months - or however long you decide to join for - you should be able to give Carter the triggers. You have to be a leader to win at this game.

If you do join please come back and tell us if you had a positive experience or not.

#19     Feb 27, 2008
  10. Can you elaborate? What was your experience?

#20     Feb 28, 2008