John Carter charges 25K per week per person for mentoring ???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RedDuke, Nov 5, 2008.

1. RL8093

RL8093

I've seen permutations of this type of comment multiple times here on ET - and don't get it. Whether it's the guy who'd be happy with 1 ES point per day or another who dreamed of averaging $200 per day .... do folks here have no goals or aspirations? :eek: :confused:

Once you develop consistency with your trading & get the size demon under control .... why have these types of false limitations?

In addition, do you not enjoy trading - the challenge of solving the puzzle? If so, why would you stop at some arbitrary number?

R

#21     Nov 5, 2008
  2. what i don't get, is IF you are 90%+ automated, how in the heck can you have someone come into your office AND learn how to trade? if these MENTOR's, have been in this buisness and profitable I dont see how they are NOT at least somewhat automated... unless, their time spent pays more to market than to program, or pay someone to program. Selling the Dream, and lifestyle WILL always have a very profitable place, in this buisness - good, or bad! heck, life would be great to have someone come in to my office, and i show them how to click on the button premarket, and how to monitor a few auto systems.... come to think of it, what an idea!

#22     Nov 5, 2008
  3. toddmay

toddmay

$250,000 per month? ive been in the "trade the markets" room and there were about 150 people on average if they all were subscribers thats about $45,000 month they sell a indicator package at a couple hundred, thats a disparity of about 200k per month. they are definately marketers

#23     Nov 5, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

When I had my site the only product that was consistently listed on the site was the chatroom, and it brought in substantially less then half of the money we made. As I said though I do not know John, and really don't know anything about his business except what I have been told second and third hand. Even at 45K a month though he is obviously running a very successful business.

#24     Nov 5, 2008
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If this John Crapster makes more than the guys on the P§L thread, it's simply disgusting...

Just watching his face would require him to pay ME 25K per week to attend...

You fucked my day with this thread.

#25     Nov 6, 2008
  6. mynd66

mynd66

Whats the difference between paying Frank Kern for all of his products and seminars and what ever other bullshit than buying into anyother get rich/make money being lazy/generate income online/ etc products?? I understand there are people that made a fortune by being originators in certain areas. But logically it doesnt amount up to what it supposed to when people who have a niche, a legitimate money making process, turn that into a product and put a price tag on it. Forget about competition, forget about education, follow what this person does and buy his shit and anyone with a half a brain can be wealthy. When a certain process of making money becomes known and there is no hard work involved or obstacle to get through then the supply of people implementing that process cancels out its ability to do what it had originally been able to do... Especially when everyone can go online and buy their way into a clearly defined well thought out step by step easy guide to making money. C'mon who are you kidding?

#26     Nov 6, 2008
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

If you day trade, and can do it successfully the size is your true limitation. Let’s take ES as example, just because you can get in and out without much slippage with 50+ contracts, does not mean you will be able to do with 500+. Day trading assumes many entries during the day, so even with large size in one of the most liquid market such as ES, it would be very difficult to pull 250K per month. Trading also drains even experienced traders, when simply selling products and teaching is much easier.

So the ceiling is not an arbitrary number but the size. If you trade on the longer time frame, it is a totally different game and size becomes less of an issue.

#27     Nov 6, 2008
  8. In my opinion it is different strokes for different folks.

For example the size you trade has more to do with your entry/exit points than anything else.

My experience of tutoring is not brilliant, far from it in fact.

I have had quite a few people try to follow what I do in the last year or so (foc) with mixed results.
    This leads me to believe that ......

1 ... I am a bloody awful teacher.
    2 ... people follow their own train of thought and try to adapt the Mentor's advice into this ... bit like oil and water in my opinion.

Either way I am MR (mentor retired) because I just cannot do it to my satisfaction.

cheers and regards
    f9

Summer has arrived early in Buenos Aires. We are back in town and the temps are 37º+ (99F)

regards
    f9

#28     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Carter is probly the biggest name at the retail level for this kind of stuff. He has done a great job with his business and from what I've seen on the TTM site its pretty good stuff.
    That doesn't mean he can't trade. Not everyone has dreams of being a hedge fund guy and also alot of people probly don't find sitting at home alone in a high stress situation an ideal work situation.
    I certainly wouldn't pay to sit with Carter but if someone wants to pay him 25k to sit with him, well then good for Carter.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it.

#29     Nov 6, 2008
  10. You obviously are not a profitable trader then or you really wouldn't care.

#30     Nov 6, 2008