John Boehner's favorite song: It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

That was not directed at you personally. It's an accurate broad description of the majority of the left, not all, but a majority. However you don't know me personally and I have never in my 9 years on this forum posted a word about John Boehner and yet you say I like him. Come on Gaby, you are becoming the very thing you accuse everyone else of on this forum.

#11     Dec 13, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

that happens every single time he/she cannot debate the issue. then it's all smarmy commentary with cut and paste.

#12     Dec 13, 2010
  3. But you did manage to implicitly come to his defense with your first post in this thread. And in my defense, I don't read the paper and listen to the radio, all the while driving my electric car as you so imaginatively described. Although I do like tofu chili, and when I add enough cayenne pepper, which I always do, it brings a tear to my eyes.

#13     Dec 13, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, we're going to have to try this again. Must be a problem with the public school program up there in Canada. I did not come to his defense. In fact I mocked him and compared him to a liberal and then questioned why you as a liberal didn't find that an attractive trait being that liberals "in general" tend to be over emotional as a group. Not saying that is a bad thing. And to correct you, I claimed you "did" read the paper, the NYT specifically. And again, I was not claiming to describe "you" personally, but liberals as a group.

And I think you would agree with me that me that the description above far more suits liberals then conservatives. And by majority, that means over 50%. Gabby, seriously, you are really letting me down here. Try again.

#14     Dec 13, 2010
  5. No, you didn't actually mock him. Rather, you took the opportunity to bash liberals. While I could have theoretically connected the dots in the manner you describe, the alternative interpretation is that the adversary of your adversary is your friend. Boehner is an adversary to the liberals. You chose to specifically bash liberals. I'll leave it to you to figure out the rest.
    And yet, you know I am a liberal. Are you familiar with the concept of transitivity?

#15     Dec 13, 2010
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Your logic is ass backwards. But I guess you are going to have to believe want to believe. Let me walk you through this. I acknowledged him as a cry baby and then described liberals as cry babies. THAT, is not defending him. LOL. I don't know any conservative that wants to be grouped with a liberal.

And don't even for a f*cking second tell me you are not a liberal. Man up and own it dude. Don't be such a lightweight. There is nothing wrong with admitting you are a liberal. You seem to be ashamed of it for some reason.

And just for the record, I would hardly call Boehner an "enemy" of the liberals. Jesus man, who uses fascist language like that anyway. He has probably crossed the aisle more then John McCain in working with Democrats on bills and was good friends of Ted Kennedy. I'm not saying he is the best friend of the left's but hardly an "enemy". If anything, he is probably an "enemy" to the Tea Party. Again, stupid word to use regardless.

#16     Dec 13, 2010
  7. You feeling okay, Mav?

"Enemy?"

#17     Dec 13, 2010
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you trying to tell me you are not a liberal? Really? Seriously?

I'm using your words "enemy". Since that is the language you seem to understand and you are having difficulty understanding me. Look dude, there is a huge shift right now going on with the right and guys like McCain and Boehner are getting tossed to the curve because they are too far to the LEFT. You should be defending those guys because the far right sure isn't. You know Gabby, if you would just be a little bit more honest on here, people would not give you so much shit. But when you act like Range Rover, it's just hard to take anything you say seriously.

Yeah dude OK, you are not a liberal. LOL. I guess no one on ET is a liberal. It must really suck to be ashamed of what you believe in to such a degree that you publicly can't even admit what you are.

#18     Dec 13, 2010
  9. Gab's is too far left to be a liberal.

#19     Dec 13, 2010
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Uber-liberal?

#20     Dec 13, 2010