John Arnold and the death benefit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drownpruf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

#51     Oct 10, 2013
  2. fhl

fhl

Medicare is just the point. It's busting the budget because the healthy can't support the unhealthy. So it's subsidized by the entire rest of society. But when you force this type of plan on the entire society through a program like obamacare, who is left to be forced to subsidize it. Nobody. Which means one of two things will happen.

1. death panels, or
    2. Yellen will decide it's yet another reason for 'stimulus'

#52     Oct 10, 2013
  3. 3) a) I disagree that this is extortion, it's just a budget fight.

b) We've sorta had this whole medicare argument before so I'll just say that i don't believe the US govt should be involved in the administration of any social services, and that while they're a present reality, we should be trying to achieve less costly alternatives and definitely not adding entitlements.. i think Ron Paul would agree with that.

c) I know, that's what i was pointing out about people being dependent on these programs, and why they're near untouchable, which is a major problem.

4) ya i assumed you didn't think i was farenthold, i just don't know what he said that you were referring to.

#53     Oct 10, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Imo, that's a position that exists only in the laboratory of ideological purity; no government on earth is, or ever has been, at the level of not "any" involvement. Maybe the feudal societies and banana republics have come the closest.

#54     Oct 10, 2013
  5. i know that's your opinion, we must have had this argument a dozen times. And i've pointed out that the federal govt didn't operate a single social program before the new deal. the States can do (almost) whatever they want, the feds have specific obligations and restrictions.

#55     Oct 10, 2013
  6. You're directly comparing Obamacare and slavery, in the sense that both were upheld by the Supremes. You Sir, are a fucking retard. And yes, I think you either suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome or did the damage yourself.

#56     Oct 10, 2013
  7. Yeah, I am ok with death panels, but it's absurd. Where are the DPs under Medicare? Do you understand the process involved in underwriting? I don't think you do. Ask ma and pa to give up their Medicare and see what they say. An anecdote. I have an uncle sitting on a $10MM pension and he friggin loves Medicare. Thinks it's the best thing on Earth. A dyed in the wool Prescott-family republican. Ask 'em, libs and GOP alike -- ask them if they would give up Medicare. If they say yes then they're lying.

It's only sustainable through a legitimate underwriting policy. I don't know if ACA will work, but it has to be done to fund the entitlements already in place (for decades).

#57     Oct 10, 2013
  8. fhl

fhl

didn't you read my answer? medicare doesn't pay for itself. it is subsidized by the rest of society so it doesn't need death panels. they get all the health care they need because someone else helps pay for it.
    in obamacare, there is nobody else left to pay for it because the whole country is the insured.

what exactly is there about that that you don't understand?
    do you need a flowchart?

#58     Oct 10, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

You make it sound like medicare provides unlimited care.

#59     Oct 10, 2013
  10. fhl

fhl

they get more than they pay for. their contributions don't cover the cost of medicare. the taxpayer makes up the balance.

is it any wonder why seniors love that program and would squawk if it went away?

but when the whole country is the insured there isn't any more 'outside parties' to fund what obamacare doesn't cover.

thus, benefits will have to be limited. or premiums will go sky high.

#60     Oct 10, 2013