John Arnold and the death benefit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drownpruf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#41     Oct 10, 2013
  2. #42     Oct 10, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That comment had nothing to do with the ACA. I simply asked whether you were in favor of passing a CR with no restrictions at all, or whether you think cuts should occur. Defunding the ACA is just the cuts the GOP is looking for, but I'm sure if Obama sat down and started to discuss some other options, the GOP would certainly listen. The problem is the Obama and Reid want a clean CR, and that's it. That's unacceptable to the GOP.

Your opinion that the GOP is at fault is just that, an opinion. You don't have any factual information to back it up beyond that. You are passionate on this issue, but I maintain that your passion on this particular issue (the ACA) has clouded your balanced viewpoint.

Feel free to have the last word. I won't antagonize you on it further.

#43     Oct 10, 2013
  4. Well, they just caved, so apparently acceptable. I booked 12% at their expense. You're a good guy, Tsing, no offense intended.

#44     Oct 10, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

None taken, old friend.

#45     Oct 10, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is his previous alias top secret?

#46     Oct 10, 2013
  7. 1) i only saw head start. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57606473/laura-and-john-arnold-donate-$10-million-to-help-head-start-amid-government-shutdown/. Either way, it was a very generous donation.

2) While the reps did instigate/start the conflict which led to shutdown, i agree with them. though the gym and pool being open is complete douchebaggery. I think their mistake was specifying obamacare instead of overspending in general.

Where this budget fight really becomes an impasse is that obamacare, like other entitlements, is considered mandatory, which are our nations major problem. Care for our vets is apparently discretionary, yet ever-expanding, Constitutionally overreaching entitlements are considered mandatory and can't be cut on the budget but only reformed by law. of course, once implemented, they are never touched because they make people dependent on them, and in fairness people pay in something. You say you believe that healthcare is a universal obligation, but i gotta ask, what are you are basing that opinion on?

3) on your atticus handle, you stated this before, as well as your support of RP, and that you believe spending does need to be cut. Yet you support major federal entitlements, so what would you do about spending?

4) i don't know what statement you're referring to.

#47     Oct 10, 2013
  8. Drop the bottle, dude. It's fucking up what little you have to work with.

#48     Oct 10, 2013
  9. 1) Correct

2) Correct

3) I don't support extortion, regardless of the party. I support a national healthcare system, as universal coverage is necessary to maintain Medicare. Insurance only works when the healthy are compelled to pay for the sick and aged. Most States have mandatory auto-liability insurance. Health insurance is needed to cover the liability imposed on the private sector by those unable or unwilling to pay. I cannot foresee needing ACA, but agree with it in principle, as did the Heritage Foundation back in the late 80s. Ask any of your geriatric relatives if they want to give up their Medicare. 9/10 (more like 95/100) go homicidal even discussing cuts to Medicare. Please do not insult us by mentioning Medicare being wholly funded by contributions. Now that would be comical.

4) Not addressed to you specifically.

#49     Oct 10, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Huh? What's that got to do with your last alias?

Contrary to all my observations Tsing Tao says you're a smart guy. I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. So far all you've managed to accomplish is confirming my observations.

You wanna try again?

Slavery - law of the land upheld by the supreme court and increasingly opposed by more and more citizens just before the war.

Obamacare - law of the land upheld by the supreme court and opposed by increasingly large numbers of citizens. (mostly productive tax payer types)

The republicans are opposing it like they're supposed to because their constituents (productive tax payers) are telling them to oppose it. If "extortion" as you call it isn't allowed to oppose it then what is acceptable?

#50     Oct 10, 2013