John Arnold and the death benefit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drownpruf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. #21     Oct 10, 2013
  2. In the context of the Koch brothers, please elaborate.

#22     Oct 10, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So was slavery at one time. What was justified in ending that?

#23     Oct 10, 2013
  4. Sorry, I have an IQ prereq, so all I'll say is that slavery went far beyond coercion. lol man, really?

#24     Oct 10, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Lots of things that are "law" are challenged again in Congress. That's not new. Congress tries and even succeeds in repealing lots of stuff. You're letting your personal view that "universal healthcare is an obligation" get in the way of viewing the budget fight objectively.

That's fine, you want to argue about whether Universal Healthcare is an obligation or not, I'll happily oblige. I disagree with it, and we can discuss that. But if you're going to go off on the GOP, don't pick something the Democrats are equally guilty of. You can't support one side's childish behavior and attack the other's.

Well, you can, I suppose. But you're smarter than that.

#25     Oct 10, 2013
  6. You assume too much, Tsing.

#26     Oct 10, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Nah, man. I know he's smart - probably gifted in areas of the markets, and such. Politically, he'll tell you he's center, but he leans left. It's a product of his surroundings (NYC) I think. It's unusual that I find myself at odds with his opinions, but this time I certainly do. Sometimes he gets emotional about a particular topic (who doesn't) and lets his judgment cloud his sense of logic.

#27     Oct 10, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

In that coercion or worse was justified to end it?

#28     Oct 10, 2013
  9. Iraq was awesome, but yes, we were absolutely justified in bananastan. I'd like to ask what appropriations, or more generally, any spending bill that's been repealed?

#29     Oct 10, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You must be reading posts of his I haven't seen.

#30     Oct 10, 2013