John Arnold and the death benefit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drownpruf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Were you meaning to ask him if he meant to ask "How do the Kochs have anything to do with it"?

#11     Oct 10, 2013
  2. Spike Trader deletes his post in angst. :(

#12     Oct 10, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's OK, I snapped it before he did. Stupidity revealed to all. If there is one thing online forums have taught me it's this: If you're going to refer to someone as stupid, then make damn sure you don't do it with bad grammar or spelling.

#13     Oct 10, 2013
  4. Arnold gave $10MM for the death benefits and donated to Head Start.

The GOP are responsible for the shutdown, so they're responsible for this. Boehner ordered the gym and pool to remain open, however. That's important.

I'm not a lib, but find the GOP more objectionable than the left. That consanguineous Farenthold stating Obama isn't legit when he's actively campaigning for Cruz. Fiction has to make sense. Thats another issue entirely, but I can't support such BS.

#14     Oct 10, 2013
  5. I did not refer to him as stupid , i merely asked him to clarify what he meant.

#15     Oct 10, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Now you think I'm stupid. You know exactly what he meant. You tried to point out that he had a spelling/grammar error and screwed it up.

#16     Oct 10, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Sorry, bro. Both parties are "responsible for the shut down." Negotiation is a thing of the past. Both parties want their own way and nothing else. At the head of it all is the "Great Uniter" himself with "I will not negotiate."

As for the death benefits, the house unanimously passed a bill to fund them at 100%. If it was so important, why won't the Senate and President sign onto it?

Or perhaps you are ok with funding a CR indefinitely, with never a cost cutting exercise to slow the speeding train?

#17     Oct 10, 2013
  8. No , i tried to point him towards what ''pony up '' means.

#18     Oct 10, 2013
  9. You can't use extortion. Obamacare is law. Maybe I would think differently if I didn't have private healthcare, but I believe that universal healthcare is an obligation -- and it's a tenet of the GOP from the Reagan admin. I have said it before that I canvassed for Ron Paul and have no fondness for the current admin.

oops, gotta trade. Good day to be long.

#19     Oct 10, 2013
  10. What does "pony up" mean?

#20     Oct 10, 2013