Joe the Plumber is NOT a plumber

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Some union plumbers make twice that much.

#11     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Mercor

Mercor

This is where Obama is going to hurt.

Joe wants to buy a pluming company. He hires 10 plumbers, pays them a salary of $40k a year. Obama will force him to offer health insurance or else pay a tax penalty. Obama and the Democrats will allow union to stage open voting.
    So now Joe's 10 plumbers go union and Joe needs to offer job guarantees and pension funds, 10 weeks paid vacation, 40 hours work week, double time after 8 hours.
    Then if Joe manages all that ,Obama will raise his personal taxes, for no reason other then to prove that Joe is exploiting his workers for unreasonable gain.

#12     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Right, twice that much is 100k. That's still lower than 250k. The flytiger's "all of them" making more than 250k simply shows him to be the ***hole that he is calling others.

#13     Oct 17, 2008
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

This piece-of-shit Joe has been working as a "plumber" for how many years, and he still can't get licensed? What does that tell anybody with a working brain?

He's a Class A fuck-up who's going to stretch his undeserved 15 minutes out as long as possible. That's how stupid our MSM has become, to fall for this lame bullshit.

And I agree, jb3: flykitty is an asshole just like his hero Joe the Fake Plumber.

#14     Oct 17, 2008
  5. Boy, that hurts. LOL. May your oak tree grow a root into your sewer pipe. Pay that bill.

#15     Oct 17, 2008
  6. You get a buck and a quarter for sweating a pipe, you're making more than that graphic. Every notice, they always have new trucks? New equipment?

when your young, if you're not a liberal, you have no heart. When you're old, and you're not a conservative, you have no head.

You'll break the code someday. Hopefully, we don't suffer four years before you scratch your head and go, "wow!. this sucks."

#16     Oct 17, 2008
  7. Salary.com is good, however you must take into account some things. First where do you live. Obviously some place which does not enforce codes, and is populated by people who think a repair consists of duck tape and bailing twine, is not a place that you will make a lot of money at. Union plumbers get paid fairly well right around 30+ an hour, however if you are union you can't work some place else. In Missouri a plumber is looking at making 20-30 an hour. Obviously, if you open up your own plumbing business you are looking at 40-50 an hour.

from answers.com.

So, you geniuses, who probably don't shave yet, are going to tell me a man putting out teams of plumbers, charging markups on toilets, pipes, fixtures, doesn't make 250 a year?

I had apartments, and I did all my own stuff. I can buy a toilet for 60 bucks, wax seal for 2, wholesale prices, guts, 6 bucks, supply tube, eh, 3 or four. It takes me an hour, and I have to dispose of the old unit. I can do it all for less than a hun. Call somebody and get a price. $400? Can you get it done for that?
    How about packing a faucet? I can buy a hundred washers for two bucks. Use them, like a plumber would, and you'll make a thousand.

Only think Obama knows about plumbing is, you sit on the bowl. Fucking arrogant eliteist.

#17     Oct 17, 2008
  8. sho-tim

sho-tim

Yes, indeed. Our msm is stupid alright, checking into every avenue of joe's tax life, while neglecting to find it worthwhile to check into even the most minimum of adventures of Obama. What does it say about a media that thinks joe the plumber's tax lien is essential for the american public to know, but "it's really not of interest" that Obama chose a TREASURER FOR HIS CAMPAIGN that has tax liens.

I think you and James Bond should spend less time at the bathhouse together watching CNN and a little more time getting your facts straight.

:eek:

#18     Oct 17, 2008
  9. "All of 'em"? It sounds pretty unequivocal. But no, you're now trying to wiggle out of it.
    Ah, so you include business expenses in your income. Do you ever deduct these business expenses from your taxable income? (Remember we're discussing taxes here, not gross revenue). One thing is for sure, I will never hire someone like you to run my business.

"All of 'em"? Or did you really mean only those who can hire "teams of plumbers?" Are we talking about a plumber (the one that gets hired by his boss) here?

For someone who don't know how much a real plumber makes (hello McCain), you both are elitists, idiots, and assholes. What a strange combination. :D

#19     Oct 17, 2008
  10. Lol, great material. The archetypal slumlord!!:DPresumably,your tenants never got wholesale prices though.

"Hey, you gota problem with da repairs? Whaddya mean it leaks? I did da worka myself!! F*k you, your outta here, I spenta alla dis time, alla dis money, dis da tanks i get, u f*k you. I keepa your bond."

#20     Oct 17, 2008