Joe Scarborough nails the dems on negative advertising.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 1, 2012.

1. OK, public sector includes the Military, police, teachers, and all the rest. Is it really your argument that the private sector, from WalMart workers to Investment bankers work harder?

Look I understand your point. Everyone likes to point at the public workers standing by a shovel on the highway, but big, wide, blanket statements are just wrong, IMO.

c

#11     Feb 1, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

I've got to agree with Maverick. Private workers are more accountable than public workers. Government jobs have always been considered the 'cush' jobs. Private sector workers almost always have to carry their own weight.

It's interesting that you used police and military in your example but those are but a small portion of public jobs and the ones that are normally shunned because of the danger and discipline.

#12     Feb 1, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

This reminds me of the scene from the movie "Boiler Room" where Ben Afleck is doing his recruiting speech. And he makes fun of a guy for asking about vacation time. Vacation time? You want vacation time go teach 3rd grade public school. LOL.

#13     Feb 1, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I will give you the fact that military people work to hard and are underpaid, as they are actually putting their lives on the line, and i will also give you police officers and fire fighters, other than that the average person at McDonalds works harder then the rest of the government.

Teachers?!?!?! Give me a break, teachers work 8 months of the year, 5 hours a day, and the teachers union has created a system whereby they are nothing more than glorified baby sitters.

The teachers union in washington voted down a proposal that would have rewarded teachers who perform better with higher salaries, even though they didnt want to lower the salaries of the teachers who underperformed. What kind of ignorant far left bullshit is that? Eventually the teachers folded due to public outcry.

The teachers union in New Jersey when faced with budget cuts, had a choice to forgo their 5% pay raise for the year(when the economy was crumbling) and save every single teachers job with no layoffs, guess which one they chose?? Thousands of layoffs, and the teachers on top got their pay raises.

TENURE?!?!?! WTF is Tenure, if a teacher in america holds onto their job for more than 3 years they basically can not be fired. If they commit a felony, They get sent to a rubber room where they actually continue to get their salary, they just dont have to work for it anymore, until there is a hearing many years down the line.

The teachers union is BY FAR the most destructive union in America today, they are absolutely destroying our kids futures, and yes to your point, the average person putting in a 40 hour work week at walmart works much harder then any teacher/government employee in america does, and they do it for 1/4th the wage.

#14     Feb 1, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvICN8DNMpY

Definitely not a union meeting.

#15     Feb 1, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Awesome movie... Its funny cause i started out doing hard sales in university (time shares, and door to door) and ended up becoming a trader, and that movie was legendary in both offices.....

Glen Gary Glenn Ross was the other epic move amongst sales people. :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-AXTx4PcKI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-AXTx4PcKI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

#16     Feb 1, 2012