Joe Ross seminars

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Mvic, Jul 6, 2003.

1. G'day to you too mate.

#11     Jul 8, 2003
  2. alain

alain

Does he still work with the "law of the chart" - 1,2,3-RH? Trik of the trader etc..? And scaling out on winning positions (1,2,3)?

Personally I have read several of his books years ago and I found parts of the information very valuable and other parts very missleading. He does mention some important topics but then does not go into details. Most valuable of all the Ross stuff was the TNT on management and psychology.

#12     Jul 8, 2003
  3. BTodd

BTodd

Alain:
    Yes, the Law of Charts, Trader's Trick Entry and other such stuff. Most of the info is available for free at Joe's website. It takes awhile to internalize the information. It also takes discipline to follow the methods and "trading life". But it is do-able.

Thanks for the reply.

BTodd

#13     Jul 8, 2003
  4. marsh1

marsh1

I recently attended two Joe Ross seminars: Day Trading Seminar and Spreads Seminar. I found both to be very valuable to my trading.

At both seminars, entry signals are very clear. One can look at charts and see right away how well the methods work. We are told the reasons behind the methods. Trade and money management for these methods are well covered.

Great emphasis is placed on management in its many aspects, including personal.

My trading is more consistently profitable since taking these seminars. In the instances that my trading results were not good, it was not because of what we learned at the seminars, it was because of my own mistakes. Because of the seminars, I can see more clearly what my mistakes are. And because of the seminars, I am more able to develop my skills so that I make fewer mistakes, and increase my net profits.

The seminars have very good workshops that give much nitty-gritty details of carrying out the trade. Examples are worked through from the previous week's market action. Idealized charts from months or years ago are not used. Well covered are: recognizing the entry signals, planning the trade, managing the trade, how to determine your stop, profit objectives, when to exit if the trade is not going your way.

Also covered are ordering techniques, relations with your broker, trading and charting software and platforms, useful web sites.

The spreads seminar used information from the Moore Research seasonals web site. This site presents a hugh amount of information at once, so it is confusing to me. The seminar shows what information from the Moore site to use, information I didn't know was there! The result is a very effective trading method.

The seminars do not teach system trading. They teach systematic trading, which is quite different. System trading pretty much just gives an entry signal. Systematic trading involves many steps, starting before the market opens, and involving information related to and not related to chart or price action. The result is that one is much better prepared to deal with what comes up in the market day.

In summary, I found the Joe Ross seminars to be very valuable to myself. The organization and presentation were excellent. The material presented was outstanding.

#14     Jul 11, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

Straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange that all these Joe Ross groupies found this website once this thread was posted.

These people must think the average intelligence of the typical ET member is that of a watermellon.

nitro :eek:

#15     Jul 11, 2003
  6. GregD

GregD

Nitro,

I was under the impression that the purpose of these forums was to share one's experience, good or bad regarding a particular topic. I would much rather read about current experience than hearsay or information from five or ten years ago. I would suppose that even an "elite trader" such as yourself would feel the same, though from your reply it appears not.

Happy Trading

#16     Jul 11, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

When the total of your post is 3, and the total of those posts is "sharing" [read: PUMPING] someone who is at best a contraversial figure in the industry, your "sharing" becomes suspect at best.

Why don't you spend talking about WHAT was so interesting about Joe Ross and his seminar? Like, he said THIS, and MY P/L went UP. I mean, who the hell cares that "I went to the seminar and I learned a lot." Pfffft, "Elite Trader" is definetly NOT about that.

nitro

#17     Jul 11, 2003
  8. are developing a trading course as we speak. It'll be available in print, CD, cassette, Beta, reel-to-reel, and 8-track.

GreenDog's method explores the art of buying the shit that's going up and shorting the stuff that's trending down. I know, I know... how can I place a trade without using astrological signs or Fibonacci numbers (or even the "Gann Fann!"). It can be done!

(that reminds me of my old Jackson Browne, Running On Empty 8-track!).

dog

#18     Jul 11, 2003
  9. gaj

gaj

i read a couple of ross' books (trading by the minute, business, etc.) though i did NOT use his methods, having them and seeing them was an eye-opening experience to me.

after that, i re-evaluated my trading methods (which weren't working) and started thinking outside the traditional box.

so, for me, the books were great. i don't doubt the stuff about him taking things from other traders, nor many of the other allegations. however, i didn't see the information from others - but in ross' book.

for what it's worth...

#19     Jul 11, 2003
  10. okwon

okwon

They just start coming out of the woodwork.
    :D :D :D

#20     Jul 11, 2003