Joe Miller's Wife Received Unemployment Benefits Miller Later Called 'Not Constitutio

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Maybe he doesn't like his wife and wants to screw with her livelihood?

2. Picaso

Picaso

A key question here is whether he paid unemployment taxes on his wife's salary - there's an exemption for relatives to avoid fraud.

So it may not be just hypocrisy, but also fraud (unemployment benefits are for people being fired, not those who quit) and tax fraud (if he didn't pay the taxes but then she collected).

But hey, Alaskans, he's just like you!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGGAgljengs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGGAgljengs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Big f-ing deal, he may NOT have agreed with it then despite her being on it, doesn't mean he is a hypocrite for being against it now.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you libs are REALLY reaching aren't you. the smell of desperation is in the air.

i dont like the fact that there's 99 weeks of unemployment insurance either. but if i'm paying my taxes, and if the company i am working for is paying for the unemployment insurance, then why should i NOT take advantage of it if it is there?

democrat strategy = attack on anything you can find, because you sure as hell cannot stand on issues.

5. Picaso

Picaso

TT, nobody is saying that if you disagree with unemployment insurance you should not take if you get unemployed, that would be silly. The point is his wife was NOT fired, she quit. Having car insurance doesn't give you the right to crash your car when you don't want it any more so you can cash in; same here, benefits are for those who can't work, not those who don't want to work.

And yes, the stench of desperation is pervasive, as proved by, for instance, all Republicans backtracking all they said about O'Donnell once they found themselves stuck with her.