Joe Legal vs. Joe Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Jul 7, 2009.

1. I got this in an email. I don't think too much about Illegals but maybe I should.

John

This sure does put the Illegal Alien problems in a clearer prospective.......

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically productive..

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2 parents, 2 children.

"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted....

"Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid

$15.00 cash "under the table".

"Joe Legal"..$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

"Jose Illegal"..$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per year.

Jose Illegal pays no taxes...Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage, $1000.00 per

month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

"Jose Illegal" has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics

at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

"Joe Legal" makes too much money, is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.

Joe Legal pays for food, $1,000.00 per month $12,000.00 per year.

Joe Legal now has $ 7,231.00

"Jose Illegal" has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and

Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

"Joe Legal" pays rent of $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year.

Joe Legal is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

"Jose Illegal" receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy.

Jose Illegal pays rent, $500.00 per month $6,000.00 per year.

Jose Illegal still has $25,200.00

"Joe Legal" now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

"Jose Illegal "has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

"Joe Legal's" and "Jose Illegal's" children both attend the same school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children

get a government sponsored lunch.

"Jose Illegal's" children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

"Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal" both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,

but Joe paid for them and Jose did not.

Might be a good idea to see where your candidate (no matter what they are running for) stands on the issue of supporting illegal aliens before you cast your vote for

them in the next elections. This is not a Party thing, this is just standing up for

what's right and wrong....And it's going to be up to us, the voters, to straighten

it out.

Don't know about you, but I have paid enough for these deadbeat crooks.

2. So, perhaps you're suggesting the Ronald Reagan plan of taking the illegal out of illegal alien with amnesty. Might be a good idea since they are supposedly taking American jobs anyway. Make them Americans, all good again? I'm sure they would be glad to pay taxes.

c

3. The great society of Lyndon B. Johnson is crumbling under the
    weight of the hoard of freeloaders mentioned above. US Treas.
    cannot afford it any longer.

4. jem

jem

just a note

above is an illustration of powerful concepts being met by illusion.

I too was less concerned about illegal aliens.

I realize I should be ticked they are not getting sucked dry the way citizens are.

I am not anti illegal and illegals benefits - I am anti letting them avoid getting sucked dry by the destructive taxation democrats in CA have created.

Tax illegals.

And lets put some teeth into the legislation.

Soon the illegals will be voting republican too.

I have said a few times - anybody not getting their money from the government would be a fool to continue to votes for dems.

They are going to crush our economy with even more taxes when they should be cutting spending.

5. sjfan

sjfan

Were you hoping to add some value with this statement? Illegals are supposed to pay tax. They don't. In what way does "tax illegals." offer any solution?

6. jem

jem

Lots of ways to put teeth i the law.

7. jem

jem

Just in case you are not american - getting paid under the table is saying the employer and employee will not be making deductions for

fica, medicare state and federal income taxes.

8. Couple of thoughts.

It appears that Joe Illegal is providing a wide variety of jobs in the US, keeping the social service agencies busy.

Some American businessman is reaping the benefits of paying Joe Illegal $15 an hour instead of $25.

I suppose our tax dollars are hard at work paying Immigration police to catch these bad boys, but I guess this is like everything else, no one is doing there job or we are not getting our monies worth.

Perhaps we could "adopt" these illegals and ask for subsidy payments from the birth country.

9. aegis

aegis

Send the tax bill to Felipe Calderon.

10. Clearly certain industries are / have been reaping the benefits of cheap slave labor (illegal aliens), while sticking it to the US taxpayer to provide massive amounts of medical and social services to their slave labor. Its yet another one of the intricacies of our society which simply cannot be sustained, we see it in California now, and soon if not tomorrow in the rest of the US.

#10     Jul 7, 2009