"Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FortuneTeller, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Copied and pasted from another website:

"You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0
    0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year.. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

This has been posted and reposted and reported as abuse but is sooo true except, Joe Legal is now unemployed because why pay for his help when you can hire a non union illegal for less?"

Comments?

2. Just to begin with:

Personal Exemption for (2009) 3,650 per person total 14,600

Standard deduction 11,400

Taxable income 26,000

3. Taxable income 26,000
    Tax (3,065)
    Chiled credit 2,000
    Tax (1,065)
    Making work credit 800

Total tax payment $265

This is all just based on standard deductions.

4. California tax

For married persons filing joint returns

-- 2 % on taxable income between $14,338 and $33,988

Cal. tax $520

5. a lot of this is completely wishful thinking. The the illegals get the dental, medical, free lunches, food stamps welfare and everything else.

It has gotten VERY competitive even for govt services. And getting worse. States are strapped and are not handing out services to every Tom, Dick and Harry that walks into the door.

6. Made very common mistake that most people make

Cal Tax calculations

1% up to $14,338 = $143
    2% on the diff 26K-14.4 =$11,662 = 233

Total California tax $143 + $233 = $376

7. Bull shit

Jose Illegal does not have steady work,he hangs out in front of home depot with numerous other illegals hoping to get work for the day

Jose Illegal is lucky to get 10.00 an hour

Jose Illegal is not easily getting health ,dental and free housing.

8. I get what the story is saying, but there are some pretty big exaggerations here.

A family of four does not pay 30% income tax on $52k. My wife and I have 2 kids and make combined nearly double that, and we pay nowhere near that rate.

Can you show me where families of four with no social security numbers are getting welfare/unemployment or food stamps? Perhaps he and his family are using fake SSNs, but that makes it explicit fraud not just gaming the system.

Saving $200/mo by not having auto insurance is also a seperate crime, nothing to do with taxes or paying for social services.

Might as well have said Jose also sells drugs, runs whores, and has dog fights in his basement.

I guarantee that the a real life Jose Illegal lives in a shitty apartment, surrounded by other criminals, in a shitty part of town. My wife and I are like Joe Legal, in a nice house in suburbia, surrounded by other honest hard working Americans.

If the police or fire dep't come to my house, they will see a well-kept yard, the nice but not flashy cars, two well behaved kids, and a polite and appreciative husband and wife. And they will form an opinion about us and react accordingly. When they go to Jose Illegal's place, they will see broken windows, spray paint, a lowered Escalade parked outside, two dirty unruly kids, and a husband and wife filled with entitlement and disdain. And they will form an opinion about them and react accordingly.

I'm willing to pay extra for what I have.

9. If Jose Illegal's children were born in the USA, wouldn't that make it to where his family could get on welfare, ect or not? And he could still work under the table?

10. cstfx

cstfx

Joe Legal does not have job security either. The days of gold watches have long since passed.

#10     Jun 19, 2010