Joe Kernen Calls Out Denis Neal-insults Fly

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Joe Kernan seems like a nice guy, and I'm glad he's on the station, as he's usually entertaining, but he's a total dumbass. He's the King of "calling bottoms" when he shouldn't and I just heard him say to some Bush flunky, "you keep putting it out there, and we'll air it."

#21     Mar 28, 2008
  2. gaj

gaj

i was afraid of something like this. i suspect that dennis kneale won't be leaving anytime soon..

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/31/news/companies/cnbc_pain.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008033112

Hoffman describes CNBC's formula for investotainment this way: "We're always looking for qualitative combat on the air. Most of these conversations live somewhere between fear on one end and greed on the other. One person wants to unload something, and another person wants to pick it up."

And perhaps stealing a page from Fox News' playbook, he has also fostered a more combative on-air atmosphere, which has at times been over the top. After Eliot Spitzer stepped down, personalities Charlie Gasparino and Dennis Kneale sparred, with Kneale criticizing Gasparino's reporting abilities, and Gasparino mocking Kneale, asking, "You're not Client No. 1, are you?" -- a reference to Spitzer's tryst with a prostitute.

Kneale erupted, demanding an apology. The two bickered on air for a full minute to the discomfort of their colleagues before the network broke to commercials.

#22     Mar 31, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

i dont watch cnbs anymore except for pre market...i cant stand erin burnett and the zero content she provides....talk about vacuous....ya i think they hired kneal to stir shit up since cnbc's audience shrinks during bear markets....It is pathetic for a business channel to engage in such childish crap...I wish bloomberg had a live ticker and better display...it is absolutely awful since they changed it.

#23     Apr 1, 2008