Joe Doaks Predicts the NQ Close

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 3/3/11: 2372.5

2. i'm short is THIS the top?

3. I predict the NQ close higher today.

4. A purely quantitative prediction, and untradeable. Name your number.

5. Samsara

Samsara

My observation: the longer it takes on "gap and go" days (with certain characteristics) to trade up to a few multiples of the early morning's move, the more likely the market will continue trending directly into the close.

If it gets there before noon, probably there will be a retrace later in the day. If it behaves like today, straight through the close give or take.

Barring a volume blow off where the second push to new highs is on lower vol than the previous.

6. Very good. But finding those "certain characteristics" is a bitch. But don't hold past the close. It's a sucker play.

7. BSAM

BSAM

Is this just a plano guess?

8. Samsara

Samsara

Ah, there are ways to identify in the first 10-15 min if there is some probability of those certain characteristics.

Good call on not holding past the close -- never tried.

Someone I've been looking into is Mark Fisher (and I never follow any person's "method", but something about what he does makes sense to me). One potential overnight long occurs when price trades down a certain extent early then rapidly rallies to significant highs late in the day, trapping shorts. Never framed things that way myself, but it's worth studying to me.

#10     Mar 3, 2011