Joe Doaks Builds A System For ET

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Thanks for all the comments. Disintegrating them all, we add another measure of "up", a higher high, and similarly for "down". The 'HigherHighLowerLow" system is attached.

#31     Mar 18, 2008
  2. But shouldn't we be using that meaningless guestimator we developed by eyeball? The system "AboveBelowGuestimator" is attached.

#32     Mar 18, 2008
  3. The geriatric set has complained that we are not using floor pivots. Voila the attached system "Pivoting".

#33     Mar 18, 2008
  4. For complete driveling fucks like you. (Champion thought better of his post calling my thread "complete fucking drivel" and deleted it.) I wish I could delete the whole thread, but here we are.

#34     Mar 18, 2008
  5. To end this "drivel", let me simply say that the conjunction of all these simple "systems" is approximately my famous "NoBrainer" system (which see). My objective is to achieve trading nirvana: a system so complex it hardly ever trades, but when it does, it gets in and out quick for a tidy buck. I might add that "NoBrainer" is precisely that. It usually indicates when the crowd thinks it is safe to trade, and hence it is the LEAST safe place to trade. Go reread your Mamis. And as we say in Texas, "If it ain't true, it oughta be!"

P.S.: I don't trade indicator-based systems like these. S/R is the only way to go.

P.P.S.: And the next time you see a system with multiple conditions (many I see have more than "NoBrainer" does), you can bet it hardly ever trades. Or maybe that you won't ever know WHEN to trade it. But I will name no names. Or worst of all, that you enter just before a reverse because it is a "sure thing".

P.P.P.S.: I must add that there were some nice runs today, so "NoBrainer" looked better than it usually does. Some days it doesn't trade at all. Or you go to sleep waiting for a signal. Or you immediately get stopped out. Sound familiar? That's symptomatic of indicator trading.

#35     Mar 18, 2008
  6. It was nice to see that on your charts volume led price a couple of times even though the tiny chart was blurry when I enlarged it or maybe it was the wine being consumed at my house to to celebrate the possible return of irrational exhuberance.

Doug
    (;

#36     Mar 18, 2008
  7. But how do you make money with this crap? :confused:

#37     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Dougcs, I am glad you saw something in my inkblots. Did I ever say this was real data?

#38     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Your posts are complete fucking drivel! You are also such a fucking imposter.

#39     Mar 18, 2008
  10. AlmondBread, you are right that this is crap and untradeable. What else would you expect me to post? To clarify, attached is the wrapup chart. The stoplight in the next to bottom pane (enlarged) is NoBrainer, or almost, it is a similar system composed of the five compressed panes above it with some wrinkles. It IS crap. For comparison in the very bottom pane is my very best indicator system, which IS tradeable and of course I cannot share. The latter is surprisingly simple and is coded in less than 40 lines of .efs code.

#40     Mar 18, 2008