Joe Doaks Builds A System For ET

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 18, 2008.

1. MAESTRO, you take me far too seriously sometimes.
    :D

#11     Mar 18, 2008
  2. Thank you, Spydertrader, for the correction. The revised base chart is attached. Most people don't look that closely at my charts. I have raided my grandchildren's crayola boxes for burnt umber and olive drab for a subsequent lesson.

#12     Mar 18, 2008
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

My bad! You got me this time! :D I should have known by now your exquisite sense of humor! :D

#13     Mar 18, 2008
  4. Dang it Joe, even I can see the blue candle which means go LONG!
    :D

#14     Mar 18, 2008
  5. Thunderdog, I am humbled. I will strive to incorporate GWB principles into my system. That is not a problem, as I am making this up as I go.

#15     Mar 18, 2008
  6. Ian, the blue candle is an artifact of my adaptation for this exercise of the system I actually trade with, as opposed to what I will reveal here. Blue signifies unchanged, close equals open. The blue bar wasn't really unchanged, rather it was an artifact of a data reload after a disconnect. God bless Easy-Signal! I did not adapt the volume indicator I actually trade with, which also charts unchanged volume as blue, because that would show that I really use volume in my trading. And that would be a horrible embarrassment. Is all that clear?

#16     Mar 18, 2008
  7. The Blue Bar also represents what many refer to as, 'an Outside Bar' - where both High and Low move beyond the previous bar / candle High and Low. As such, trend direction (within this specific bar) changes several times. Rather than comparing to the Open, why not compare to the previous bar / candle close in order to more clearly 'see' trend direction by close of bar.

- Spydertrader

#17     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Attached is a chart showing unchanged bars as blue. Rather than coloring them as most charting services do. My apologies for the errors. But I am gratified that you are all with me.

#18     Mar 18, 2008
  9. pkts

pkts

I am finding this to be one of the more entertaining posts on ET. Good for a chuckle but also challenging the assumptions we make in devising chart settings.

Keep it up.

#19     Mar 18, 2008
  10. Attached, please find the beloved NQ (one minute) colored as you described (but notably different than you executed).

- Spydertrader

#20     Mar 18, 2008