Joe Commisso Superstar

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Awesome! I think me & Joey had a long phone conversation about poker, back when he was just beginning. Not 100% sure about that, though- Wish he was on ET to confirm or deny.

#11     Jul 3, 2008
  2. He credits you with getting him into the game.

#12     Jul 3, 2008

3. I spoke to him several times about markets and philosophy, really bright guy. VN, myself and he had plans to see "master and commander" on the day VN leased the theater in NYC. JC and I never made it, can't remember if it was snow storm or tremendous rain storm, or whatever that kept it from happening.
    those were the days

surf

#13     Jul 3, 2008
  4. Seriously, he does?

Double awesome!

#14     Jul 3, 2008
  5. Yes, he goes so far as stating you taught him the finer points of the game.

#15     Jul 3, 2008
  6. Exactly. In fact I didn't even know who RM was until Joey would talk about him. "Bro, this guy's fuckin unreal. He lives in some big ass house and he just sits around all day doing drugs and playing poker". :D

#16     Jul 3, 2008
  7. Ya know it's really cool. At least 6 or 7 guys have posted on this thread who I have talked to or hung with. Awesome!

You new guy's shouldn't be afraid to send each other PM's and reach out. Break down those walls. Be people not just screen names.

#17     Jul 3, 2008
  8. newtoet

newtoet

I exchanged emails with him many years ago and he was really nice. This is good news - I am very happy for him. Great to hear something positive going into a long weekend, and also great to see nothing but positive responses from posters. I hope he sees this thread.

#18     Jul 3, 2008
  9. Some interesting facts. His win marked the most heads-up games in any WSOP final table, >190. Joe was staked in this event because he dislikes tournament play and had to be convinced to play the WSOP event.

#19     Jul 3, 2008
  10. How does it work when you're "staked"?

OldTrader

#20     Jul 3, 2008