Joe Biden with Katie Couric

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cuz69, Sep 24, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

Thank You for making my point OT!

But they will say, it's ok for BO and JB to slip(and it is) but heaven forbid Palin or McCain slips... Holy Hell breaks loose.

When they slip, the LEFT defines them as not capable of doing their job, or being good for the country.

An example that comes to mind is how they use the fact that McCain is not computer literate. Even though it is not a slip(some may deem it is though)What the hell does that have to do with running the country? A half hour beginner course will solve that problem.
    But these are stupid issues they point out. Ridiculous.

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Yes it was not FDR that was present when the crash happened but the person who got the country through it (or through most of it) would of course be FDR. In reality it is a non starter.

Biden was tapped to be a foreign policy expert. No deceit there. Nobody in the right mind would say Palin is qualified to be one heartbeat from the presidency. If people want to compare Palin to Obama, well obama went through a million debates(and a trillion interviews) where he had to take some tough questsions. Palin had to do a grand total of what 2 interviews(or was it three)? He also managed a campaign quite well. John McCain's campaign went broke several times btw...

Difference here is that Biden is a VP candidate that helps govern the country whereas Palin was picked for PURELY political reasons.

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. So you now consider "knowing your shit" to be a yes vote for the war in Iraq?

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. The country was mentally ill in 2001-2003(4) roughly. George W went from somebody whose intelligence was satirized to King Leonidas overnight. Insanely high 90%+ support ratings, don't question the president (or the troops) it is unpatriotic (even though it was exactly what congress is supposed to do to a president provide checks and balances)

Remember terror alert levels based on unknown threats of unknown origin for unknown time period?

If there is one good thing about iraq war is that it destroyed bush's teflon plating that should never have existed.

I don't really blame certain democrats for voting for the war. I blame people that never apologized for voting for it. Big difference. Iraq war was a mistake and should be perceived as such.

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. I repeat. How is Bidens vote for war in Iraq "knowing his shit'? Are you saying he was too stupid to know he was being out chickened by Bush? Or too sensitive to the polls? You consider those executive strengths?

Why didn't Ted Kennedy fall for the same gimmick? Or Robert Byrd? Biden is a hack and even Biden knows it. ".......she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. Because democratic party was being destroyed that is why. Joe Biden had presidential ambitions as well. If you are in a questionable (competitive) district OR you have presidential ambitions you would be inclined to vote for it. As I said the country was mentally ill back then and bush had all the cards. "evildoers" would kill us all if every single democrat voted against it.

#16     Sep 25, 2008