Joe Biden with Katie Couric

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cuz69, Sep 24, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

Ok... "Biden tells Katie that when the Market crashed in 1929, Roosevelt would have went on TV."

Now if memory serves me right, there was no television in 1929, and HERBERT HOOVER was president!

Now I ask, why is this not front page news or all over the media?
    Because we know damn well that if Palin made a slip like this, Obama's cronies, the left wing liberal media would be all over it!

It would be on the front page of Newsweek, the Times, Wall st Journal, and every Left Wing media channel. As a matter of fact,
    Saturday Night Live would be doing a show this week on it!

But it's ok for Dems to slip and make mistakes, but God forbid it was a Rep... Oh no... heaven forbid!

Where is Arianna Huffington, Dailykos, Alan Colmes,and Keith Olbermann on this one?

2. It is front page news. They even played the bit yesterday on Leno.

3. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xpb7z_PjbAs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xpb7z_PjbAs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

----------

Quite simply she is the female version of Generalissimo Bush. Stupid.

4. cuz69

cuz69

Sorry but I don't watch Leno, and I am not sure what front page, but Palin was front page NYPost, and Wall St and the NYMets are on front page of NY Daily news.

5. They, along with Chris Matthews, Bill Maher, and Co. are hypocrites, of course, and will gloss over this if they even bring it up at all.

But hey, the Repubs do it too. It's just unbalanced b/c the media is mostly Left to begin with.

6. Really.

Biden is the head of the Foreign Relations Committee.

He slipped up. The fact is, he knows his shit.

Palin's foreign policy expertise comprises flying over Canada to the lower 48, and peering through binoculars at the land mass she knows as Russia.

7. Kudlow: Why don’t we just liberate, and decontrol, and deregulate the whole bloody energy business – whether it’s oil, gas, shale, nuclear, coal, natural gas, as well as wind and solar – why don’t we just decontrol, deregulate, go for an America first energy policy? Get independent of Saudi Arabia? America first. Create all of these millions of high paying jobs. Why isn’t anybody talking about that in this race? That’s the natural, Reaganesque thing to do. Isn’t it?

Palin: Yeah absolutely! You’re hitting the nail right on the head. That’s what so many of us normal Americans are asking. The same thing. Why aren’t the candidates talking like that? Where we can secure America and we can be more independent when we talk about energy sources if we could drill domestically.

8. Obama's consists of visiting all of our great 57 states.

9. Now John, in fairness that was a one off where he meant to say 47 states.

It's the repeated slip ups, on the same topic that reveal that the person isn't just slipping up, but is genuinely ignorant on a topic.

10. And to think this guy is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. LOL.

OldTrader

#10     Sep 25, 2008