Joe Biden to Democrat Base: “Stop Whining.”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Joe Biden to Democrat Base: “Stop Whining.”
    Posted by Leon H. Wolf (Profile)
    Tuesday, September 28th at 1:00AM EDT

So poll after poll across the country shows a humongous enthusiasm gap between Republicans and Democrats. Democrat grassroots activists feel dispirited and betrayed by Obama over the public option, card check, cap and trade, DADT, the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, and more rights for terrorists. It has gotten so bad that Democrats in places like California, Washington, and Wisconsin are in trouble. Know what this situation needs? Joe Biden.
    Certainly I would agree that the Democrat base, especially the ones I read online, need to be reminded to stop whining; it seems to be all they’re capable of doing. The problem, of course, is that I am a rabid conservative Republican who wishes to grind them relentlessly into the dirt. Electorally speaking, of course. Biden, however, [allegedly] wants these people working for him.

Again, we’re not talking about spoiled multimillionaires or high-priced campaign consultants. We’re talking about the people who go out, of their own free will, usually for free, and vote and canvas for Democrats. Biden’s message to these people? “Stop being such a bunch of whiny babies.” I know now that the GOTV people in West Virginia are just going to be raring to go to get Manchin elected so that Obama will have easier sledding from 2010-12 now. After all, if they don’t, I’m sure Obama will run Biden out there to call them “poo poo heads” next, and that will really sting.

2. +1

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

did he say "stop whining" in the ahnold accent? thats really the only way it can be said properly.

4. Hello

Hello

I find it hilarious how the Obama admin who has ruthlessly attacked Bush since day 1 can not handle a little criticism from their own base over what a shitty job they are doing.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBauR7leOl0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBauR7leOl0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

agree. say what you want about how lousy bush was in various regards, i cannot recall one time he ever bitched about the clinton administration, or cried when anyone (the millions worldwide) criticized his administration.

6. Hello

Hello

I think its time the jokers in the Obama admin heed their own advice.

7. North Korea:

Clinton reached a bilateral agreement that failed. -GW Bush

"The United States tried direct dialogue with the North Koreans in the '90s, and that resulted in the North Koreans signing onto agreements that they then didn't keep." Condi Rice

Economy:

"Two-and-a-half years ago, we inherited an economy in recession." GW Bush

Middle East:

"It wasn't all that long ago where a summit was called [referring to Clinton's summit] and nothing happened, and as a result we had significant intefadeh in the area." GW Bush

Re 9/11 (a three-fer, encompassing Clinton, Carter and Reagan):

"They looked at our response after the hostage crisis in Iran, the bombings of the Marine barracks in Lebanon, the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the destruction of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and the attack on the USS Cole. They concluded that free societies lacked the courage and character to defend themselves against a determined enemy." GW Bush

Job losses:

"In the last six months of the prior administration, more than 200,000 manufacturing jobs were lost. We're turning that around." GW Bush (fun fact, at the time in his administration, there were job losses of 913,000)

In 2008, re the economy:

A senior administration official says the budgetary problems stem from what is believed to be inadequate defense, intelligence and homeland security resources that were handed down from Clinton.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

other than the commentary by people OTHER than bush that you posted (which are irrelevant to my comment), and the comments that bush made in reference to past events without placing any blame on any previous administration, that leaves you with one or two comments. is that all you've got in the 8 years of bush being president? however, i appreciate you pointing out what i do not recall. do you, perchance, have reference links to those statements?

the "economy" and "job loss" ones, if you can post the links (i would appreciate it) are certainly valid. but if those are all you've got in 8 years, i think obama is way, way, way beyond that already.

9. Just google 'Bush blames Clinton', you will get a lot of hits

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-5867362_ITM

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147/index.htm

George W. Bush Blames Clinton-Gore Administration for Rising Gas Prices
    http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0006/23/se.02.html

:D

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#10     Sep 28, 2010