Joe Biden the idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Sorry, but are you contextually challenged, or just joking. Please read my last post again.

#21     Sep 9, 2008
  2. Looks like this guy has been taking Past his prime training...

#22     Sep 9, 2008
  3. cuz69

cuz69

Perhaps I didn't convey it correctly. But I thought it was just understood. I am not going to insult you or start ridiculously calling you names.

I was talking about it's supporters not the leadership, as I understood you to be doing the same. Maybe I should have been more explicit, but I thought we both knew what the other was talking about.

#23     Sep 10, 2008
  4. And until SHE gets out in front of the public and answers questions instead of stating canned speeches that is all we can do...."assume":confused:

#24     Sep 10, 2008
  5. mmqc

mmqc

Does it bother anyone that Joe Biden has self-admitted incidents of plagerism in his past?

From www.PlagerismToday.com:

"The result of this was that his Democratic challenger Michael Dukakis created an attack video splicing together Biden’s speech with that of Kinnocks.

The attack was remarkably effective and can be described as a classic example of “YouTube politics” before the Web even existed. Not only was Biden’s reputation hurt by the initial scandal, reporters from Newsweek also turned up allegations of plagiarism dating back to when he was a student at Syracuse Law School, where he failed and was forced to retake a course due to an allegation of plagiarism."
    http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/08/26/the-biden-plagiarism-scandal/

"Unfortunately for Biden, more revelations of plagiarism followed, distracting him from the Bork hearings. Over the next days, it emerged that Biden had lifted significant portions of speeches from Robert Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey.
    He admitted as well that he had falsely stated that British Labor official Denis Healey had given him the Kinnock tape. (Healey had denied the claim.) And Biden conceded that he had exaggerated in another matter by stating in a speech some years earlier that he had joined sit-ins to desegregate restaurants and movie theaters, and was thus actively involved in the civil rights movement. He protested, his press secretary clarified, "to desegregate one restaurant and one movie theater." The latter two of these fibs were small potatoes by any reckoning, but in the context of other acts of dishonesty, they helped to form a bigger picture.
    While lashing out at the audience member, Biden defended his academic credentials by inflating them, in a fashion that was notably unbecoming and petty for a presidential candidate.

"I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect," Biden sniped at the voter. "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship." That claim was false, as was another claim, made in the same rant, that he graduated in the top half of his law-school class. Biden wrongly stated, too, that he had earned three undergraduate degrees, when in fact he had earned one—a double major in history and political science. Another round of press inquiries followed, and Biden finally withdrew from the race on Sept. 23."
    http://www.slate.com/id/2198543/pagenum/2/

A NY Times article from 1987:
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE3DB143FF93BA2575AC0A961948260

#25     Sep 10, 2008
  6. Actually, it doesn't bother me all that much.

Plagiarism is an issue when someone is writing a book, magazine article, writing a professional paper, or trying to make money off of writing that they claim is their own but is not.

Politicians "steal" ideas all the time, claiming it is their own idea...

I am more concerned about the ethics violations like we have seen in the republican party in the house and senate that has lead to arrests and convictions...

I don't place the plagiarism that has been alleged against Biden on the same level of corruption that we see in congress who take money from lobby groups, etc., or make policy that benefits special interest groups, the oil business, the pharmaceutical business, the Wall Street benefits from corrupt politicians, etc.

#26     Sep 10, 2008
  7. JWS11

JWS11

Now, why do I get this feeling, from you and the rest of the liberals, that it wouldn't have bothered you much if he had killed his own mother and eaten her spleen raw? :D

#27     Sep 10, 2008
  8. Fair enough. I think we can probably agree that both extremes are inappropriate. For example:

#28     Sep 10, 2008
  9. You have a strange sense of outrage.

#29     Sep 10, 2008
  10. mmqc

mmqc

Additionally, Mr. Biden had some instances of misrepresentation in the past when he gave details about his academic record and his activity in the civil rights movement.
    I added these to my previous post.

Again I ask whether anyone cares since this was all years ago. I go back and forth myself on this.......

#30     Sep 10, 2008