Joe Biden On Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seasideheights, Aug 24, 2008.

1. John McCain on his wife Cindy:

"Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain’s intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain’s hair and said, “You’re getting a little thin up there.” McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.” McCain’s excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

2. Let's see, one incident is the candidate's exact words recorded on tape. The other is an unattributed anonymous slander by some nutcase. Of course, ZZZ believes the latter.

3. Where did McCain deny this claim that he called his wife a cunt?

4. Arnie

Arnie

So, we're supposed to believe that the press didn't report this at the time because they didn't know how? Sure, makes sense to me.

The exchange between McCain and his wife was not reported anywhere when it happened, Schecter said (a LexisNexis database search confirms this). In 1992, McCain's mention in the national media revolved mostly around his involvement in the Keating Five scandal, and only local reporters closely followed his re-election bid.

McCain is well known for his rapport with the national media covering his presidential bid (he's jokingly referred to the press as "my base"), but Schecter said this incident was buried not out of fealty to the Arizona senator. Rather, it was uneasiness about how to get such a coarse exchange into a family newspaper, and he didn't fault the local press for not covering the incident.

"Members of the media are squeamish covering stuff like this so they let it go," Schecter told RAW STORY in an interview Monday. "Back in '92, when people use naughty words, [reporters] don't know as much what to do with it."

Much has changed since then. President Bush's reference to a New York Times reporter as a "major league asshole" was reported in at least 47 newspapers during the 2000 campaign, when the off-color remark was overheard, according to a database search. And more than a dozen newspapers have reported Dick Cheney's recommendation that Sen. Patrick Leahy "fuck yourself."

5. Also whether or not McCain called his wife 'cunt' really isn't a policy issue and except that it shows that he is a hothead really doesn't have much to do with the election.

The fact that he can't remember and doesn't know his own positions on policies, however, is extraordinarily germane to policy and competent leadership. Additionally, he has (not once, but repeatedly) referred to Czechoslovakia which hasn't existed for decades and repeatedly confused Sunnis with Shias.

Not a one-off misstatement, but repeatedly.

6. Yeah, so what. No one is voting for McCain because they like him. As usual, the democrats have failed to provide a remotely credible alternative. This time they vomited up someone so obviously unqualified, so marxist, with so many disqualifying past associations, that even McCain is preferable.

7. Achutng! Achtung!

strawman alert.

Have you ever been hooked up to the scientology E-meter?

8. Biden is the Jim Cramer of Politics.

McCain was a naval officer. Anybody here ever been in the Military? I learned all kinds of cool words there. The service caps we were issued, and Navy had them, were 'cunt caps'. Yawn.

9. You may want to look up the definition of 'strawman' so as to sound intelligent rather than... uhhh... less than intelligent.

#10     Aug 25, 2008