Joe Biden Has New Advice To Protect Your Home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

You won't believe the foolishness he is saying now! I can't believe he is saying this.
    -----

Field&Stream: What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice?

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.

2. fan27

fan27

Such a wordsmith, that Biden. Hope he runs in 2016.

3. pspr

pspr

Oh, he'll run. But will there be enough of us Conservatives voting to push him into the Democrap nomination?

And, that's if Biden doesn't fire his shotgun through the door next Halloween when the Treaters come knocking.

4. I think he's right, the shotgun is an excellent deterrent to criminals. 1/4 the price of the AR, nice sound as you rack the chamber, specially made for home defense.

5. pspr

pspr

But they have a hell of a kick if you are a small woman.

And, nobody shoud be firing a gun through the front door unless a ciminal is coming through it.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Biden the stupid makes Palin look like a rocket scientist.

7. TGregg

TGregg

That's one solid advantage. Nothing says "Get the fuck out of my house" like chambering a round. Just be sure to get a pump.

Still, shooting someone through a door? JFC.

8. If a shotgun is so great for close quarters combat, why does the military use M4's? Shotguns are used mainly for door breaching. Why is virtually every police department replacing remington 870 pump guns with Ar's in patrol cars?

The idea that a shotgun is easier to handle and aim than an AR is insane. No one who has shot both would say that, whether they are a small woman or a large man.

A shotgun has two advantages. One, it has far more stopping power. Odd that liberals are now recommending that we up the killing power, but there it is. Two, a shotgun will penetrate barriers better than an AR firing 5.56 rounds, at least at closer ranges. So if you use a shotgun in your apartment, you might take out your neighbor next door or the kid in the bedroom. Thanks again, liberals.

9. I've heard this a long time, but I wonder how true it is. We see these gang bangers fighting wars with each other. Are they really going to turn tail and run because some suburbanite racks a shotgun?

And why would you want to give your position away by making noise? Unless you are some sort of competitve shooter or highly trained shotgun expert, you are probably not getting off more than one shot with a pump gun if an intruder attacks you.

As a zombie gun, a semi-auto shotgun seems better to me than a pump. You can get a Saiga with a 10 round mag. As a last chance defensive gun, say when they are kicking in your bedroom door, a double barrel would be my choice.

10. My buddy is an investigator with the Sheriff's department. He says a good home defense weapon is a semi-auto .22 rifle. Easy to aim/handle, inexpensive, and you can get off several rounds quickly.

#10     Feb 28, 2013