joe biden.......ha ha ha ha ha ha

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sho-tim, Aug 22, 2008.

1. sho-tim

sho-tim

Quotes

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” - Joe Biden

""I've had a great relationship [with East Indians in America]. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans - moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." -- Joe Biden, speaking to Indian-Americans.

"“I don’t think John Edwards knows what the heck he is talking about," [when he calls for immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq.] "John Edwards wants you and all the Democrats to think, ‘I want us out of there,’ but when you come back and you say, ‘O.K., John, what about the chaos that will ensue? Do we have any interest, John, left in the region?’ Well, John will have to answer yes or no. If he says yes, what are they? What are those interests, John? How do you protect those interests, John, if you are completely withdrawn? Are you withdrawn from the region, John? Are you withdrawn from Iraq, John? In what period? So all this stuff is like so much Fluffernutter out there." - Joe Biden

2. sho-tim

sho-tim

Stealing a Speech From a British Politican

Way back in 1988, Biden ran for president but was forced to quit for a unique reason: he simply copied parts of a speech by a British politican, Neil Kinnock, and changed some parts to make it sound like it was about him. In earlier speeches he had properly quoted Kinnock, but this time he said:

“Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go a university? Why is it that my wife . . . is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? . . . Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors who worked in the coal mines of northeast Pennsylvania and would come after 12 hours and play football for four hours? It's because they didn't have a platform on which to stand.”

The irony is, coming up with things to say has never been a problem for him; he's by all accounts a very bright and original thinker. (He is currently the main advocate of the plan to partition Iraq informally into Kurdish, Shiite and Sunni regions.) And yet, this was not his first offense of plagiarism. As a freshman in law school back in 1965, he got an "F" in a class for writing a paper entirely based on one law review article. (He described the incident as "something very stupid 23 years ago." Biden repeated the class later and got a good grade.) He also used parts of old speeches by Robert Kennedy in his 1988 campaign (which he blamed on a speechwriter). It's hard to understand. Our best read on the guy is that it's simply an issue of laziness.

http://www.realchange.org/biden.htm

3. sho-tim

sho-tim

4. Mercor

Mercor

Biden-

"The only solution for Iraq is to divide it into 3 seperate independent countries"

5. Isn't he an anti-gun nut?

6. sho-tim

sho-tim

George Stephanopoulos of ABC News queried Mr. Biden: “You were asked, “Is he ready?” You said, ‘I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.’”

Mr. Biden: “I think that I stand by the statement.”

And from another TV appearance, where Mr. Biden said, “I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/23/mccain-rolls-out-new-ad-with-bidens-words/

7. Great choice.

The Obama vetting team is exeptionally savvy.

Biden will ease any misgivings catholic, working-class whites have about particular (very specific) issues with Obama.

McCain will almost certainly pick Mitt Romney, now.

8. always liked Joe.

He's a straight shooter

9. Very strong ticket. Barack is the man.