Jobs Report Will Be Better Then Expected

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Roman Candle, May 8, 2009.

1. Why? because it's all rigged to the upside. It's easy money! Don't make it so hard just buy the dips.

2. Cough cough BETTER THAN EXPECTED!

3. actually, with revisions it was very close to right on.

4. S2007S

S2007S

-539,000, wow alot better than expected.

13+ million out of work

5.4 Million jobs lost since the start of the recession.

All positive in my opinion.

5. Now if you bought those futures like you were cheerleading, you would be trading backwards. For the sake of everyone here, please LEARN TO TRADE.

The ADP was the upside surprise you were looking for...not today's number. Today's number would have to be GREAT in order to push for an upside move.

I think you could start buying some now tho, you may get a good retracement to the upside by the time market opens.

6. Exactly in comparison to ADP this is worse than expected.

7. 4XQs

4XQs

I'd say only slightly worse, but yes - worse than expected. Should be interesting to see the reaction - I wouldn't be surprised if the move continues even though we're ridiculously overbought.

8. The number is irrelevant. Stocks are going to go where they are going to go.

9. Wrong.

If this number was -300K or better. We would be at 950 ES now.

10. You have to love last month's revision took us almost to -700k in March (-699K actual) and the government's hiring of 70K+ workers when taken out of the April number puts us slightly above the NFP consensus view.

#10     May 8, 2009