Jobs is Leaving Apple

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 1flyfisher, Jan 14, 2009.

1. citing health reasons

2. terminal cancer, he's over.
    watch apple go to 50 tomorrow

3. Jobs was the hope for this co. Stock is going to suffer.

4. Apple's Steve Jobs taking medical leave until end of June
    By Wallace Witkowski
    Last update: 4:46 p.m. EST Jan. 14, 2009
    Comments: 11
    SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. (AAPL:
    Apple Inc
    News , chart , profile , more
    Last: 85.33-2.38-2.71%
    4:00pm 01/14/2009
    Delayed quote data
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alert
    Insider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    AAPL 85.33, -2.38, -2.7%) Chief Executive Steve Jobs said late Wednesday that he will take a medical leave of absence until the end of June. Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook will be responsible for day to day operations, Jobs said in a media advisory. "Unfortunately, the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but everyone else at Apple as well," Jobs said in a statement. "In addition, during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought." Shares of Apple were halted at $85.33 in after-hours activity. End of Story

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Apples-Steve-Jobs-taking-medical/story.aspx?guid={FA0559F7-D4AA-45A9-BE45-29F0749FA1A0}

5. Stock halted will open at 5pm

6. Illum

Illum

He was one of the greatest inventors of our time. The personal computer, ipod, iphone. Iphone can become the personal computer in one's pocket, incredibile. Fully connected small personal computer, with access to everything. Jobs will be missed.

7. He's the heart and soul of Apple. He brought the co back to prominence with ipod, iphone. His mac & apple drones love him.
    Jerry Garcia to the Grateful Dead.
    Jobs to Apple.

8. axehawk

axehawk

Bye bye AAPL.
    :(

9. 76.11 and bouncing up now....omg

10. Tim Cook is taking over according to fast Money CNBC.

Jobs looked really bad. Skinny as a rail in his latest pics. Very Sad.

#10     Jan 14, 2009