Jobs in Sydney, Australia for US citizens?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nravo, Nov 18, 2006.

1. nravo

nravo

Ok, I'll go long Swiss/US currency futures as a hedge. I'm hesitant to long AUS as a hedge, as it's had such a run up over the years.

#11     Nov 23, 2006
  2. TGM

TGM

I think everyone should be hedged against Dollars AND all other politicians. Politicians screw up every currency. Always have.

With all that said, many times overseas people are worried about FAKE US Currency. There could be some of that in play as well.

#12     Nov 23, 2006
  3. That's the REAL story. The merchant in Cameroon doesn't care about exchange-rate risk he cares about accepting counterfiet dollars.

#13     Nov 23, 2006
  4. TGM

TGM

Good call. I believe that is why. Fake US dollars are abundant in places overseas. Even in Europe. The IRA pawned a fortune in the damn things all over the place. Apparently, from North Korea. In fact, all the work the US Govt. is doing by changing and fooling with the look of the currency over the past few years has been because of this. Just look at one of those peachy/orange ten dollar bills.

#14     Nov 23, 2006
  5. nravo

nravo

Thinks bogus US notes are a problem in Sydney, though?

#15     Nov 23, 2006
  6. TGM

TGM

TRUST ME. Fake US DOLLARS ARE A PROBLEM IN EVERY COUNTRY ON EARTH.

That is why the US has had to redo it's currency.

North Korea would have definitely spread them across Asia.

U should have no problem with your dollars getting converted to Aussie Dollars.

I would not worry or panic over it. Since you will have the new ones.

#16     Nov 23, 2006