Jobs for the Village Idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Is it just me or is it starting to seem like the only people who go to Washtingon are those who had the application to be village idiot turned down? I mean seriously could there be a group of bigger floggin idiots?

2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Evidently this is nothing new:

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

The bottom line: people get the representation they want. Smart voters vote for smart representatives. Stupid voters vote for stupid representatives. So if most Congress reps seem like idiots, what does that tell you about most voters?

3. cleverness is one thing but wisdom another.

which do you have cornered?

4. One of the problems is, we've gotten to a point in history where half of the citizens do not pay any income taxes. Now, that half has learned that they can vote for people that promise them something for nothing. And that my friends, is a very dangerous place to be.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

being a wiseass?

6. no.

you don't see my point?

do you think clever = wise?

what do you want in washington, clever or wise?

7. What I'd like to see is more honesty and integrity, with a little bit of common sense thrown in for good measure. Fat chance of that happening, so I guess we'll have to settle for wise.

8. Are you having an out-of-body experience right about now?

9. :D

10. Specifically, Tom Daschle. It annoys me that people do vote, and vote people out of office and voila, here he is with Obama.

Why can't our leaders at least have the decency to say, "look, you were voted out, now stay out".

Speaking of voting. Sheldon Silver is more powerful than the governor and he gets elected with 6,000 votes (six thousand) that's the way his district works. How does one amass so much power and basically he is immune from voter repercussion? Nice work if you can get it.

#10     Jan 13, 2009