Jobs for practicing traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tidalwave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. or at least not detrimental.

#21     Mar 1, 2010
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

dude go to work at a trading establishment - get lunches, laundry and reboot computers that's what i did and one day they said here trade this account as let's see what you got.

i promptly made a ton of money in a few days and then lost it all over the next few months. each day they would tell me hey you better be here tomorrow cause we want that money back and you have to be here trading to get it back.

it took me almost a year but i made it back, i was scared to death. i was trading 1500 large sp's @500 a point back in the day. it was like trading a slow boat compared to today electronically. i do think that had an impact on me for life.

i went from being optimistic and cocky to be pessimistic and cocky. m

ps
    moral to story get rid of the bills and get a job with someone who can trade doing anything you can.

#22     Mar 2, 2010
  3. This sounds like a good option - not sure how many trading establishments are in my area but i will search around. Then there is the question, do they need someone to do those types of things (laundry, coffee etc) for their employees. I would be happy to have that job if it was still possible to trade my own during the day at home.

Will definitely keep this type of thing in mind.

I don't want to come accross as some lost trader looking for evening work to save my life. Really, the opportunity and time is nearing to have a choice in what direction I can take this so ... gathering information.

Thx again

tw

#23     Mar 2, 2010
  4. honestly, if you really, really know how to trade...you can flip burgers at Wendys...take a :30 minute lunch and fire up your laptop and throw 5-10 ES cars and make really good money at lunch...

or...trade currency futures before you go to work...

#24     Mar 2, 2010
  5. JPope

JPope

haha, go the wendy's lunch hour route and report back to us with results...

#25     Mar 2, 2010