Jobs for practicing traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tidalwave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Starting a small business may be more difficult than landing a 2nd shift job.

#11     Feb 21, 2010
  2. How confident am I that my money will made with this? I don't know. Enough to find a 2nd shift retail job and spend the next matter of years toiling away with a "chance" of becoming consistently profitable? I'm trying to figure that out.

the fear is becoming stuck in a crap job, not getting anywhere with my trading and eventually snuff it.

#12     Feb 21, 2010
  3. toc

toc

deal drugs if do not like the risks involved then become a dog walker :D

#13     Feb 21, 2010
  4. ive been at it for four years this april. no girl, no kids, few bills, and an opportunity to take it in a stronger direction. thanks for the input

#14     Feb 24, 2010
  5. seriously? there are few fields that will work after hours.

Here is one idea: spend a year getting an LPN degree. But you have to study. There are both accredited schools (colleges) and vocational schools that offer this. BEFORE enrolling at any though, verify the % of their graduates who pass the govt-required NCLEX qualifying exam.

Pass the NCLEX, and you can work weekends, and maybe pull $15-28 an hour. And you might actually get a job, as opposed to many other fields. It isn't a pretty job, but pays a lot more than other second/third shift stuff

Your reality is, that few traders actually succeed. At least you would have a reasonably employable, reasonably paying fallback.

#15     Feb 25, 2010
  6. I will not be going into nursing. I have a technical background and a degree in finance this year. Perhaps a variation of tech support, if not finance, which does pay 15/evenings/weekends. I do appreciate your suggestion, I see a lot of 2nd/3rd shift nursing jobs too.

tw

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. you might also consider your own home business then...

You could attempt to build a business tutoring math/science/tech stuff, teach evening classes, upgrade/repair the PCs of others (put up signs on craigslist/supermarket bulletin boards, inform everyone you know), etc.

Of course the economy is hard, but just what some others do...

#17     Feb 25, 2010
  8. I suggest burger flipping , pizza making and cab driving, so when you blow out, you have a skill you can really use.

#18     Mar 1, 2010
  9. your suggestions are the poorest quality and least useful for falling back on.

#19     Mar 1, 2010
  10. i know what a job is and what you get in return; what im looking for is a job known to successful traders who have made it from the bottom up, something that has been proven as synergistic to trading practice.

#20     Mar 1, 2010