Jobs available for History Major ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by M Jared, Dec 6, 2009.

1. M Jared

M Jared

I have a relative that is going back to school and plans on majoring in History

I 'm curious as to what future she would have with a history degree.Anyone have any idea what kind of jobs are available with a History Degree besides teacher ?

2. Stok

Stok

Yeah, she can studied the history of this Country and realize what the liberals are trying to do and destroy it all. Then she can run for office.

But, normally history majors are libbey's anyways....so there ya go.

3. LOL. Post of the week right here

4. M Jared

M Jared

This isn't a P&R Thread,keep your political bullshit out of it

5. I don't believe there is a clear career path for history majors. Given the cost of tuition today, studying history is a bit like a waste of money.

Given that most peoples are stubborn, she probably won't listen to you if you tell her to choose another major. So you might want to try and tell her to get a full time job now because that is the only way she can compete in the job market after she graduated with a history degree. She also will need the money when she decided to get a MBA degree.

PA

6. dalengo

dalengo

I guess she may be able to run a major corporation with the history degree. I know that Carly Fiorina did http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina#Early_life_and_education
    One may note that Carly was kicked out of Hewlett-Packard that she ran, and then from McCain's presidential campaign because of unadvertantly telling the truth about a squirrel-size brain of her the then boss and prospective POTUS.

Although a history student, she's not a liberal and apparently despises a little man, in best traditions of an american ruling elite, i.e Goldman Sach'ers et al.
    I've noticed that Carly now wants back into a spotlight and sharing her deep thoughts about great importance of big business for this country. She is a devoted member of GOP.

On the other hand, one should check if the fiollowing helped Carly to become the role model and an accomplished american dream: "Fiorina was born as Cara Carleton Sneed in Austin, Texas, the daughter of Joseph Tyree Sneed III, a law school professor, dean, and federal judge". I am not sure she is just a part of american ruling nomenklatura. On the contrary, I am sure she's got a lot of good advice on how an honest hard work, persistence, in addition to raw talents makes you a valuable member of society.

I conclude that in this country your relative can lead anything.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Unemployment most likely.

Although I hear sometimes an otherwise useless degree does look good on a resume, when applying for a management positions at fast food restaurants.

You know what I never figured out?
    How is it someone intelligent enough to get a college degree, isn't intelligent enough to figure what they're going to do with it before spending all the time and money to acquire it.
    :confused:

8. The whole college/university thing is a giant deception. They will make you think that all programs are valuable, the ones who are working in the field lack update knowledge, and once you graduate from their school, you are gonna get a $60,000 job. (Really, most will be lucky to get a full-time job paying $35,000). So, it is easily to be confused.

However, college/university is important, since it is the requirement for most full-time job nowadays. It is also a requirement to obtain a professional designation or a MBA.

PA

#10     Dec 6, 2009