Jobless rate drops to 2-year low 8.6%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Wallet

Wallet

Except the +15% who can't find a job.

#11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Please provide any credible poll whatsoever (I'll give you a lot of leeway on this one) to show that "most" Americans accept the official government numbers regarding any economic topic at all, much less unemployment data.

In fact, I would be willing to bet real money that if you, AK47, were to go out and conduct a public poll asking the simple question of whether or not people believed government data, the "majority" of them would offer a resounding NO.

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

As do you, ergo you're stupid? :D

#13     Dec 2, 2011

4. I doubt such poll exists and I'm not conducting a public poll

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. Where did I say I believed the numbers ?

#15     Dec 2, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So your comment was essentially horseshit, then. As was this entire thread if you don't believe the numbers.

#16     Dec 2, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you started a thread about numbers you know are false.

Gotcha!

#17     Dec 2, 2011

8. How many times have you heard pundits and even posters on this very forum say if unemployment is _ % Obama will win and if its over _ % he will lose ?

For example

All that matters is that the BLS reports lower numbers and the media reports it.If that happens it helps one candidate or the other

#18     Dec 2, 2011
  9. I posted it in P&R because of the effect lowered reported unemployment numbers will have on the 2012 elections .If you don't believe the difference between a reported 8.5 and 9.5 unemployment rate would have an affect on the 2012 elections I would disagree

#19     Dec 2, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Whenever I hear someone say something as fact, I ask them to back it up. If they can't, then it's not fact - just opinion, and worthless to me. That's just how I, personally, feel. You can feel differently. It is a free country, for now.

#20     Dec 2, 2011