Jobless claims decline by 27,000 to 451,000

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

2. rcj

rcj

#12     Sep 9, 2010
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

apologies. the name calling went with you telling me i was speaking bullshit

but if that was a misunderstanding then i apologize.

#13     Sep 9, 2010
  4. emg

emg

Doomsday is coming. when the jobless claims report releases next week thursday, "fat finger triggers"

#14     Sep 9, 2010
  5. We were expecting that things would slow down in the third quarter and start to pick up in the fourth quarter, but now it seems like the slowdown in the third quarter wasn't as severe as we feared," said David Sloan, an economist at 4CAST in New York.

Well I guess the Recession/Depression is over. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD.

If you believe this bullshit....I gota bridge to sell you to know where.

#15     Sep 9, 2010
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#16     Sep 9, 2010
  7. And then in the FT,

"In such a global economic environment, it is more important than ever for countries to put into place the fundamentals underpinning economic growth and development," he said.

As the US looses more edge to Global Competition.

Obama's spend and spend and raise taxes and spend more policy will not help put into place the "Fundamentals" underpinning economic growth and development.

So, I call bullshit on the "Recovery" until I see some GDP numbers excluding Consumer Spending....as well as see ISM numbers stay solid and I see how bad Inflation is going forward...year or two down the road. Currently, Deflation in Box makers, sems, Autos, Tvs, etc is continued. Inflation in "Agi's" such as Wheat, Meat, hits the consumer harder as we go forward. Energy seems to be in a range, for now. The best thing for manufacturing and the consumer is to have energy fall, oil prices down to around 40 a barrell for a year or so. However, ENERGY POLICY introduced by OBAMA will push oil near 100s easy. This could take the economy into a deeper recession or depression.

#17     Sep 9, 2010
  8. Am I reading this correctly?

Read this sentence (and yes, it's all one sentence...):

"The implication is that fraudulent (and we sure hope this is inadvertent, although a 90% error rate definitely would invite a criminal investigation into just who and how stands to benefit from such an manipulative upward bias) data reporting is responsible for a persistent upward bias in data, and that fundamentals have been disconnected from the "government's reality" for years, confirming that the recent pathological breakdown in the market's relationship with fundamentals is not a new development."

Then he says:

"For example: today stocks would be flat to down if the BLS were to report the initial claims as they really are. Instead, here we are, almost 1% higher on nothing but soon to be revised lies."

To paraphrase, he's saying "the market no longer follows fundamentals", but then goes on to say in the next sentence that the market is following the fundamentals because it is up when the "lie" number is reported.

Perhaps I'm delusional, but something seems amiss here.

#18     Sep 9, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

the market obviously does not follow fundamentals.

i think youd agree.

however, the bots and algos buy on anything that is "better than expected" even if it is miserable.

thats what hes saying

#19     Sep 9, 2010
  10. Yes, after throwing almost $3 trillion at it, finally, the economy is not starting with less lay off. With a total US population of 300 million, that come out to about $10,000 per person. If we just look at the working population, that about 50% or 150 million works. 10% of unemployment is about 15 millions. So taking $3 trillions divided by 15 million, each should will get $200,000.

So the government throw $200,000 to each unemployed, and still have nothing to show for. Great job.

I guess, $200,000 is not enough, and more stimulus is needed.

#20     Sep 9, 2010