Job Search Please Help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nav7, Feb 6, 2009.

1. nav7

nav7

Hello,

I am an A'level student who has recently finished his studies and has come ot with good grades in Economics and Business aswell as IT.
    I have since passed my FSA Unit 1 regulation Paper and my unit 2 Securities paper, both off my own back.
    I want to get into broking or trading industry and i thought passing these exams would help me, but so far the only jobs i have been interviewed for have been "cold calling" potential small cap investors.

Can anyone please help in where i am going wrong and what i need to do.
    I want to be working with a proper firm who have existing clients on board and a senior broker who i can learn from.

Any comments are much appriciated.

Thank you

2. 1) You have unrealistic expectations. Nobody cares about what you want nor how smart, intelligent and educated you are.
    2) If you want to be an "employee", you have to be willing to take what you can get, not wait for what you want.
    3) You have to properly understand that during bear markets, people are fired, not hired.
    4) If you were to attempt to get involved with trading your own money, you can have more "control" over your destiny.
    5) Getting an MBA and/or taking more "licensing" classes will not help until you have proven job experience. 6) Be willing to talk to family, friends and acquaintances about your situation. They may be able to help. :)

3. Aisone

Aisone

Good answer, that about sums it up.