Job Satisfaction -

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sikhinvestor, Nov 5, 2007.

1. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Life's a bitch and then you die. Suck it up you fucking pussy. Grow some balls, be a man and stand up for yourself. Hate your boss, hate your job, hate your life, well fuck you, we hate you too. Now, grow some balls and do something about you wussified piece of shit.

#11     Nov 6, 2007
  2. ABSOLUTELY....YES!!!!...you were created to live a destiny not work for a living...find your passions...follow your passions...as someone once said..."find out what you love to do and you'll never work another day in your life"...yes, there is "purpose" satisfaction...!!!

#12     Nov 6, 2007
  3. Hell yeah, there is job satisfaction. I work in the online media/advertising space and I love every minute of it. Of course, I know what I'm doing and as a result, a highly valued employee at the company.

You need to find out what you love doing and figure out a way to get hired doing it. Now, having a friendly personality and the ability to get along with everyone will come in handy as well. If you are a positive person, you will be successful at anything.

Oh, and if you always think of your job as something that you must do to feed yourself and nothing beyond it, then you will always be terrible, regardless of what you do. That's why a lot of people are unsatisfied because they associate with people who always have the same mentality: "Work = bad." Keep up with this attitude and you will never be in a power position.

#13     Nov 6, 2007
  4. http://home.netcom.com/~workfam1/unders1.htm
    Sums up the working world to a tee.

#14     Nov 8, 2007
  5. Worker abuse is not being able to go to the bathroom during an 8 hour shift. This article cites defects in interpersonal relationships. These issues may effect productivity, or more likely a deficiency in HR but the whole concept is fodder for trial lawyers.

#15     Nov 8, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Not everybody panic'd out like that in the depression, lots of businesses were started that indeed did fulfill people's dreams. Life does not have to be about the situation, most people just don't have clear goals and just don't work towards them every single day that they wake up. Those that do make it quite often...

Draw a goal pyramid, put your loftiest goals in the top 1/3, the intermediate goals you will have to reach to get on towards the top goals go in the middle 1/3 and the bottom 1/3 is... guess what, it's your daily chore list!! Leave it open-ended regarding the time line, keep after your daily chores and eventually you reach the top...

#16     Nov 8, 2007
  7. I agree with you, employees are treated like robots ... the whole purpose of getting educated is to learn how to follow directions :D

The only excape from being a robot is self employment. Then you get to do what you like, when you like it and have nobody else to blame but yourself :D

I suck as an employee ... I find it difficult to focus on pointless tasks. Plus I'm terribly bad at brown nosing :D

#17     Nov 8, 2007
  8. I agree with everything here but I do miss admiring the nice looking girls on the L in the morning now that I am at home trading full time.

#18     Nov 8, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

It indeed does. On my last job, I had a real asshole for a boss, the guy threw tantrums, gave me these crappy reviews every year where he accused me of stuff that had never been mentioned all year to me, etc... I just numbed out and did absolutely nothing for the guy and when I did do something I always did it slowly and badly enough to try to make him throw a tantrum...I felt like I had to get something out of the shitty environment, even if it was just that of turning it into a giant practical joke. It went on like that for years, I screwed up everything I could and was running a criminal enterprise in the place eventually, before that, in different departments I had done a great job but the ownership changed and they instituted authoritarianism. I estimate that I cost them $500,000 in wages, screwed up work, screwed up projects, etc.... I made a lot of money during those years, the management was so incredibly stupid that they left all sorts of loopholes in the system open for exploitation, people were all over the place like ants, just getting all they could out of the place before they got out of the place....

The article is right about how people react, I don't do what most people do when bullied. Most people go away and try to reason it out like "what is wrong with me to cause this?" and "how can I please this person".... I told the immediate boss that bad things were going to happen to him and I made him believe it... he still could not contain his assholeness completely. An hour before the last Christmas party he came by and was hassling three of us about some work he had given out... he did not know who he gave it to!! Fucking idiot that he was, I figured it's not my job to know what he does, that is his job, so I had the work but I just shuffled through all the shit in my cubie while he stood by for about 15 minutes and told him I didn't know....he went away mad, the Christmas party was fun, but it would have been a lot more fun had that not happened.... it was just psychological war with that bastard, his kids were screwed up, his employees were screwed up... eventually the company replaced most of the americans with eastern europeans and middle easterners, people that were used to horrifically shitty conditions essentially...

We just buried a relative that was the perfect survivor of and purveyor of authoritarianism... it was good to see him off like that, he was in a rest home and one of his roommates was just psychologically battering him for the last couple months of his life.... I would go to visit the guy but I would have animated conversations with his roommate and do favors for the roomate so the guy would know that I was enjoying seeing him off.... once you recognize how bullies operate you find that they are easy to deal with... it's the lack of understanding that they 1)treat everybody on their level and lower like shit 2)treat everybody higher or the few others that they need like royalty... and they keep their two worlds very separate to maintain the illusion of competency and power.. they are the incompetents typically....

I worked for a big German corporation for years. That was worker nirvana, no bullying, I was allowed to do a good job and be psychologically whole and I did/was.... compare German cars to American cars, dig under the skin of an american car and you find a tinker toy piece of shit, not true for the german car at all, it's about the authoritarian garbage.... there is no way that quality can come out of a horrible situation...

#19     Nov 8, 2007
  10. Your feelings may be trying to tell you that it is time for an change. I think there is nothing wrong with changing jobs, or careers. Try different things, experiment, maybe you might find something that you like.

Things could change a lot after the next election. The USA Government could say to China, if you want to sell in the USA then you must manufacture in the USA. Suddenly there could be lots of higher paying, interesting jobs in the USA.

#20     Nov 8, 2007