Job #'s tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, May 3, 2007.

1. Excluding the government sector, jobs rose 63,000 in April.

Hoyshit is that ugly. :eek:

#11     May 4, 2007
  2. Dont matter, its all good, STRONG JOBS GROWTH MEANS STRONG ECONOMY.

WEAK JOBS GROWTH MEANS FED RATE CUT

SEE ITS ALL GOOD HAAHAHAHAHA

#12     May 4, 2007
  3. MattF

MattF

Add 5 jobs and we're doing well!!! :D

But wait what about all of the other ones getting laid off/cut? Sweep those under the rug...:p

http://www.vault.com/nr/newsmain.jsp?nr_page=3&ch_id=400&article_id=7689662&cat_id=1261

" There were 1,664 mass-layoff actions by employers in the first quarter of this year, leaving 305,227 workers jobless for more than 30 days - record numbers for any first quarter since at least 1995, the U.S. Labor Department announced Thursday."

Based on the nonfarm payrolls for the 1st quarter, they totaled 429K..so there has been a net gain of 114K in 3 months, which is a paltry 38K/month on average.

Yep. Economy's doing great.

#13     May 4, 2007
  4. I didn't mean it would be ugly for the markets...but the number is pretty miserly. :D

#14     May 4, 2007
  5. This is the fakest shit I have ever seen in my life.

I hope everyone is making money, however, and mean it.

I just can't believe how so much truly negative news can not only be discounted, but spun positive, but then again, I should know better.

Nice government jobs program by the way.

Let's just have the government hire people. There's a recipe for wealth creation.

#15     May 4, 2007
  6. hels02

hels02

Well, you knew the market was going to go up... they have to justify it somehow, even if it's rediculous. It wouldn't be the first time. That's why I'm all in. And holy crap did I make money today. I owned Yahoo as of last week:p. LOL!

#16     May 4, 2007
  7. Too much insanity...I'm long term in some stocks that will move their course regardless of the market unless the earth opens up and swallows wall st...in which case I'd cheer and try and find a banker corpse to eat.

Anyway, the manic attitudes of 1999 are clearly back and I don't trust it. I don't trust the "undervalued" bullshit...I think this climb is built on the back of a declining dollar for now and a yen carry trade allowing unheard of leverage that is bound to fuck many in the end.

I'll watch and know that my sanity is more intact than my wont to make gains on the indices.

Am seriously considering the move to an island in the S. Pacific soon to take a break.

:D

#17     May 4, 2007
  8. bluud

bluud

Wow dude that was really smart of you to buy Yahoo, ya yahoo was a real bargin when it was @ 27.50-28.50

Good Luck

#18     May 4, 2007
  9. That's how they do it down here in Puerto Rico!

#19     May 4, 2007
  10. There will be no wealth creation for any of us if this market continues to chop sideways :( .

RoughTrader

#20     May 4, 2007